Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali Russell

Seems to be disliked by most fans.

I was just wondering what reasons people have for disliking him?
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post

Where does one start?

Comment

hes

hes got a very strange sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
        hes got a very strange sense of humour
        SO have you.....

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

yeah

yeah but i dont keep putting the prices of season tickets up

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
            yeah but i dont keep putting the prices of season tickets up
            I very much doubt if he does either....

Comment

Dose anyone like hard nose business people? He's got a job to do, if doesn't he's out.Yes he has completely alienated the fans due to pricing out the working class, but his job is to make money and that comes with the job. No i can't stand the man.He is just a product of today's society selfish untrustworthy up his boss's back side and above all greedy.

Comment

one of anybody's henchmen, just following orders

Comment

People (ITK people) on this board attribute a lot of things directly to Ali Russel. So like scott jones will say he is the man responsible for season tickets. So people automatically assume a lot of off the field things are his fault. Personally as I have no proof of exactly what he does I am not really that affected by him.

Comment

Actually he is a nice guy and has targets to reach. Expectations of the club have increased due to the higher profile and the owners.
                    I don't agree that agencies are used (think its a waste of money) to gage what supporters want and think the forecasts on what supporters are going to spend is way off the mark. Not sure, we have got the promotions right either, when we reduce for certain games. Despite, what people think he did well at Hearts and the gold/silver/bronze is obviously one of his ideas, which I still maintain has not worked here at QPR.

Much more goes on behind the scenes than we give credit for and its not just season tickets that he deals with. I think he has a hard job convincing the powers at be, whats best. On the whole, don't think he deserves to get the stick he gets, hopefully lessons will be learn't from last season.

I'm great believer whoever has the job of marketing and generating income for the club has a tough time if the we are not winning football matches. If we are winning, then crowds go up and no-one focuses on the negative. Take for example, when we got the ST brouchures. They were done at a time play offs looked likely, by the time we got them in the post, we were sliding down the table, obviously supporters feel shafted, when that was obvioulsy not the intention.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete - I'd suggest speaking to a few people at Hearts, both within the club and supporters reps before mentioning that he'd "done well".

From an outsider looking in, Russell has had the opposite effect to the Midas touch.

Can't sell commercial space, can't sell exec boxes, lounges or clubs, the majority of sponsors have been brought in by Briatore's external contacts, the Gold, Silver, Bronze scheme is a direct rip from Hearts where it didn't work either and he's managed to either pitch (if his decision) the ST prices at wholly unreasonable levels for this level of football and the quality of player and then singularly failed to meet the expectation these unprecendented increases have brought and then failed to communicate with supporters whatsoever.

Completely concur that what happens on the green rectangle has a massive impact on the overall feeling around the club but when expectations and prices are raised so high with ZERO discernable benefit to supporters year on year, those in senior positions within the club do need to have a good look at themselves.

Not a good start....

Comment

All about results on the pitch.

"results business"

Not sure if Ali Russell brought in the sections after Hearts good season, when they had George Burley or before?

I know the club went downhill after interference from the owner
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post

Not by me. No issues with him at all
                          Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Try booking tickets for most of the European Grand Prix, they also use a platinum, gold, silver, bronze system...

Comment

Seats, or in most cases, grass banks, around 4.2 mile circuits are vastly different to 110x72yard square pitch

Comment

Working...
                              X