No manager news for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No manager news for a while

Seems we're interviewing every ****er known to man though. I genuinely think that no-one now has a scooby on who the new boss will be.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

What happened to the done deal, I did say it was porky's.

Comment

best think it over i reckon and not be too hasty.
      i imagine there is a sackload of applicants to browse through.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        What happened to the done deal, I did say it was porky's.

now no done deal. There's a few that want it and want it big time...tis all up to Flavio now.

Comment

Always was up to Flavio

Comment

Italian season still has 3 weeks to run of course

Comment

I saw in the betting Jean Tigana name, but he seems to have been pushed out, currently unemployed and done the business for Fulham. Don’t understand why no one has mentioned him.

Another, which I’m sure I shouted about before Sousa was signed was John Collins. He’s managing in Belgium at the moment, but plays great football and knows the league.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RatpackR View Post
                I saw in the betting Jean Tigana name, but he seems to have been pushed out, currently unemployed and done the business for Fulham. Don’t understand why no one has mentioned him.

Another, which I’m sure I shouted about before Sousa was signed was John Collins. He’s managing in Belgium at the moment, but plays great football and knows the league.

Thoughts?

Good call. I know he randomly fell out with the hibs players over something though...what was that about?

Comment

The players didn’t like him changing the team and formations weekly. Which sounds a bit Sousa esq! But he won the league cup with hibs and I’m sure he won promotion with Fulham from the championship.
                  After reading the numerous posts about who to appoint, this fella, along with Tigana seem to fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    Good call. I know he randomly fell out with the hibs players over something though...what was that about?
                    Collins led Hibernian to their first piece of silverware in 16 years when they defeated Kilmarnock 5–1 in the 2007 Scottish League Cup Final. Despite the League Cup victory, Collins had a major bust-up with his players just weeks later.[2] The players strongly criticised the manager for frequently changing the team and formation. It was claimed that almost all of the first team players attended a meeting with chairman Rod Petrie in the hope of removing Collins.[3] Chairman Rod Petrie refused to yield to this pressure and gave Collins his full support. Hibs finished the season in sixth place in the Scottish Premier League.

On 20 December 2007, Collins resigned from Hibernian with immediate effect, despite having been recently linked to the vacant Scotland national team manager job.[4] Hibs' board of directors were angered that Collins' decision was taken just one day after announcing his delight at the opening of the club's new training facilities. Collins had also said in October 2007 that "I never broke a contract during my playing career and I've no intention of doing so now."[5]

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                      The allegation was that he constantly belittled the players in training. Both ability and fitness wise......

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        The allegation was that he constantly belittled the players in training. Both ability and fitness wise......
                        hmmmm

sounds like an opinionated man.

that's him out of the running then :nothing:

Comment

i dont mind if it takes a few more weeks,as long as we get someone good.remember last year,we waited and waited for the right guy,and ended up with DOWIE!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                            i dont mind if it takes a few more weeks,as long as we get someone good.remember last year,we waited and waited for the right guy,and ended up with DOWIE!

Albeit Dowie probably could have got us play-offs.

Dont get me wrong I didnt want him and :surrender: I was wrong. He didnt want to play Ledesma, Tommassi, Parejo or SDC.

4 players that have since been released under PS/GA

Comment

Originally posted by bkirk View Post
                              best think it over i reckon and not be too hasty.
                              i imagine there is a sackload of applicants to browse through.
                              no pun eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X