Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it all worth it & what happens next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it all worth it & what happens next?

This season under Dowie,Ainsworth and Sousa,we achieved 61 points,just 3 points (one win) more than the previous season under Gregory and Di Canio ans believe it or not,one point LESS than in 04/05 under Holloway.No great progress there then even with all the hype and promises and extortionate Premiership like increases in ST's and matchday prices.With Briatore setting his sights on the likes of Adebola it looks very much like the same fayre will be served up next season,the end of which will be 3 years into the 4 Amitt Bhatia said it would take for us to not only reach the Premiership,but also to qualify for the Champions League.I don't know about you lot,but I've been going to the R's for 57 years and at 65 with a dodgy ticker,don't know how much longer I can wait.With the apparent unrest amongst the players,with some reportedly seeking new clubs,I can't see much happening under Briatore in my lifetime.The ST early-bird deadline expires in 12 days time and it will be interesting to know the final numbers of renewals.So far I haven't renewed mine which is a first for me in over 40 years.Some will no doubt argue that we at least avoided administration and that previous owners did no better,but we weren't paying £700 for a season ticket.Based on 23 home games,that equates to over £30 a game and with only 28 goals scored by us at home that equates to £25 per goal.Even worse is the £450 for kids under 16 ( the future if you like of our club) up by a staggering £380 from £70 the previous season.Why should kids (or rather their parents or guardians ) be penalised by charging them the same as young adults (16-21)? All of which means I won't be able to take my grandson next season even if I do decide to renew my seat.Don't anyone tell me that Briatore is good for this club.The only person he's looking after is himself.

Spot on mate. Hard to argue. If anything we've gone backwards and talk of champions league in 4 years is just a joke. I'm convinced that FB/Amit etc. think we're all stupid (remember the "get here early" at the last game of last season to "witness one of the biggest events you simpletons have ever seen at Loftus Road" which turned out to be the new badge! We will no doubt be told that the likes of LDC and Adebola are another forward step bla, bla, bla but to be honest we are very close to becoming a joke club that no one, decent players included, will take seriously.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Cant argue with any of this.

simpletons it pains me to say it but that did make me laugh.

Comment

We have not progressed that much IMO, I would say we are about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
          Spot on mate. Hard to argue. If anything we've gone backwards and talk of champions league in 4 years is just a joke. I'm convinced that FB/Amit etc. think we're all stupid (remember the "get here early" at the last game of last season to "witness one of the biggest events you simpletons have ever seen at Loftus Road" which turned out to be the new badge! We will no doubt be told that the likes of LDC and Adebola are another forward step bla, bla, bla but to be honest we are very close to becoming a joke club that no one, decent players included, will take seriously.
          Thanks mate.You've just reminded me of that "special announcement" match.I took a guest to that game and what a wally I felt when the fanfare played to reveal the new crest,instead of unveiling Zinidine Zidane as our new manager.LOL.

Comment

The sad thing is it could have all been very different following the new ownership. We could have appointed a promising British Manager e.g. Coleman amongst others, given him a decent budget (£15-20 Mill) and given him time to pull it off. Instead we've persisted with he farcical foreign journeyman policy (Managers & Players) and tried to do it on the cheap. Unfortunately there's nothing to suggest we won't do the same next season.

So far we have completely wasted the investment "gift horse" and screwed it up.
            http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
              The sad thing is it could have all been very different following the new ownership. We could have appointed a promising British Manager e.g. Coleman amongst others, given him a decent budget (£15-20 Mill) and given him time to pull it off. Instead we've persisted with he farcical foreign journeyman policy (Managers & Players) and tried to do it on the cheap. Unfortunately there's nothing to suggest we won't do the same next season.

So far we have completely wasted the investment "gift horse" and screwed it up.
              Well said sir - Briatore had a wonderful opportunity to turn this club completely around and gain Premiership status first time around,with some prudent acquisitions in the transfer market instead of squandering his money(and ours to a certain extent ) ,on the corporate side of his new venture.Perhaps he's not the great business man he's cracked up to be.Still you know what they say about "a fool and his money".

Comment

Very supportive and extremely relevant comments from Stainrod 10,but I think we are both still waiting for information on "what happens next" from those ITK before we spend our hard earned money on or before 17th May.Come on QBlockpete etc.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                  Very supportive and extremely relevant comments from Stainrod 10,but I think we are both still waiting for information on "what happens next" from those ITK before we spend our hard earned money on or before 17th May.Come on QBlockpete etc.
                  they know as much as you do,ie nothing.Nobody has any idea who the new manager will be,and nobody knows what players we will bring in,or how much money will be spent.i have never seen the board(old board as well)so short on information.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    Well said sir - Briatore had a wonderful opportunity to turn this club completely around and gain Premiership status first time around,with some prudent acquisitions in the transfer market instead of squandering his money(and ours to a certain extent ) ,on the corporate side of his new venture.Perhaps he's not the great business man he's cracked up to be.Still you know what they say about "a fool and his money".
                    Because for the previous 10 to 15 years the club had been run so well, had no debts, a half decent squad, a youth set up to draw on and all the other structure required when taking over a business in order to drive it forward. All the money in the world cannot turn a pile of ashes into a golden fleece inside one year - and too many people just don't realise how much of a mess the club was when they started. Spend, spend, spend - oh that's a plan - how about re-build, re-generate, spend and progress? Nah, thought not - typical of the modern generation/mentality where if you want something just go out and get it - buy it on credit, steal it or sue someone for it rather than put in the effort to earn the reward!!
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

geejaybee you're bang on mate all they've really done is create a haven for their hanger on's, cheap ugly so called super model bitches and their vastly over inflated ego's - i've said on this board before and i'll say it again "if i bump into Ali Russell i'll kick his c*** in" he and the rest of his so called marketing department have ripped us apart - we were always regarded as a family club - now we resemble "The Adams Family" - if they prove me wrong i will gladly admit my mistake and apologise - somehow i don't think an apology will be forthcoming from this R's fan !

Comment

Originally posted by crossborderexile View Post
                        geejaybee you're bang on mate all they've really done is create a haven for their hanger on's, cheap ugly so called super model bitches and their vastly over inflated ego's - i've said on this board before and i'll say it again "if i bump into Ali Russell i'll kick his c*** in" he and the rest of his so called marketing department have ripped us apart - we were always regarded as a family club - now we resemble "The Adams Family" - if they prove me wrong i will gladly admit my mistake and apologise - somehow i don't think an apology will be forthcoming from this R's fan !
                        Thanks crossborderexile your support and opinion is much appreciated.Some posters are inferring I'm impatient,but having watched the R's for 57 years and my father before me ,I think we've waited long enough,particularly when the current clown in charge promises so much and charges so much.He screws us into the ground on prices then adopts a ridiculous transfer capping policy that stands no chance of him fulfilling forecasts made nearly 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X