Memories of El TEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of El TEL

For me, my dad being really angry after he came out publicly saying he was staying at QPR, lying, and then going to Barcelona.

For owning scribes

For being a crook

For being a snarling *****ic pundit.

NO
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

for looking down on the wembley turf after fa cup replay v spuds in 82;D;D;D

Comment

Singing on Spanish TV
      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

being in and co writer of hazell

Comment

Well, tbh, my main memory is of a guy who made his name at the Rangers and took us, not only to the First Div but a cup final to boot. Happy days.

Dont care about personality or what he does elsewhere, he was here to manage Rangers and did a fantastic job.

So he went to Barcelona. Fully understandable.

Comment

Not after telling the fans he wasn't leaving.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Yeah, but hes human and no-one is perfect.

Maybe the offer was increased and was too good to turn down...who knows?????
              How often are you going to be offered the 'main mans job' at a club like Barcelona?

At the end of the day, he did what most people would do, so i would never condem him for that.

Comment

Only the fondest of memories to be honest. Terry was a great manager when he was at QPR, we got to an FA cup final at Wembley against Spurs and did ourselves proud, how we didn't win the replay I'll never know, we wiped the floor with Spurs.
                Terry then had us winning Div.2, thereby taking us up to the top tier in English football, finishing in the top six, and UEFA cup football, top London side.
                I was gutted when he left us for Barcelona and I was well ****ed off with him, especially following his "I'm not going anywhere" speech on the pitch at the last home game that season 83/84, but time's a great healer as they say, and in my book at least, Terry Venables is up there with Jago, Sexton, but just below the greatest QPR manager, Alec Stock, as being one of the best managers we've ever had.

Comment

I have only got good memories of him and those good times. I went to most away games in those days and expected us to win them all. Having a centre half who could 'shuffle' past the oppo as if they were not there. Beating our nearest rivals with ease to win the 2nd division. Happy, happy days.
                  RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

well put bushranger

Comment

'What Do You Wanna Make Those Eyes At Me For'.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                        For me, my dad being really angry after he came out publicly saying he was staying at QPR, lying, and then going to Barcelona.

For owning scribes

For being a crook

For being a snarling *****ic pundit.

NO
                        now now scotty,no swearing allowed;)

Comment

yeah

i put terry venables as my all time favourite ever and the best that we have ever had
                          the biggest inability of sousa was his total inabillity to realise the championship football is all about running the midfield
                          but the only way to do that is with two attacking full backs
                          if you try to play with four cente halfs like sousa did you will get nil nil boring games
                          and you will mid table it every year
                          terry will get probably eiphram to be the other attacking full back to partner leighterwood
                          terry will find a mid field power house in the juniors or reserves
                          sousa couldnt do it because he didnt know what he was doing
                          SO YEAH HAPPY DAYS IF VENNERS RETURNS THEN WE WILL GO UP NEXT SEASON

Comment

When he stormed on the pitch that day against somebody really crap, forget who, when we had been all over them but failed to score. then right at the death they jog up the other end, put in a rubbish cross that comes off the stanchon and bounces back into play, from where their big lump of a number nine sticks it away. Tel walked into the centre circle and was calling the refereee names I wouldn't call John Terry...

Comment

YEAH

the lasting memory of venners that i have is that i used to go into the boxes and got quite close to both terry and bob hazell
                              now bobby hazell was such a charactor he must have been one of the toughest blokes that ever played for qpr
                              but bobby was so down to earth he would say exactly what he thought was right at the time
                              SO TERRY MARCHES STRAIGHT INTO THE BOX AND STARTS READING BOBBY THE RIOT ACT
                              all of a sudden bobbies eyes light up like organ stops and he loses his temper
                              HE POINTS AT VENABLES AND SAYS
                              NOW WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TO REMEMBER I DONT LIKE WHITE PEOPLE
                              you could cut the atmosphere with a knife
                              terrys face went white with fear and he realised a big punch could soon be on the way
                              BUT NO PUNCH CAME WE ALL STARTED TO MAKE CONVESATION TO TRY TO BREAK THE ATMOSHPERE
                              how i loved those days
                              Last edited by THE FLYING COW; 01-05-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X