Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back

and sober :amazing:

Partly due to MYU being his usual timely self and not getting to the ground until 5 minutes before kick off lol and the fact that for the second game in a trot the beer was off in Ellerslie Road - I couldnt be bothered to go back and change the pint however, I had the wonderful site of seeing the Tiger cubs kids at half time.

Great game - great result. I'm cack at in depth reviews so, a few high/lowlights....

The ref was frigging awful and I mean awful. Give me Stuart Atwell any day over that baffoon.

Taarbat has some wonderful skills, took his goal well but, needs to learn not to always be flashy and once a player is beat, he's beat, pass the bloody ball rather than trying to beat him again!

Lopez's freekick was an absolute beauty - well worth seeing again.

Ramage had another great game.

SDC works his socks off but, really needs someone playing with him - and not Helguson.

On that, I briefly spoke to Vine and Blackstock afterwards. Vine was clearly disappointed not to play and it's obvious he's gagging to get back; whereas Dex is fit and clearly out of favour. When asked when are you coming back (presuming an injury) he said "coming back to where?"..."QPR"..."hmm, you tell me" was his reply.

1st half atmosphere was dire, really dire. 2nd half was fantastic.

Hogan seems to have strengthened up and is clearly developing nicely.

Routledge came on - to the wing! - and looked great..we really need to play him right wing every game - Alberti didnt have a good one.

Cook looked cack when he cam on and did zilch - with Adel and Routledge in the squad I fear he'll become a squad player for the rest of the year.

Great result against a very very good team.

Right, where's the beer?!

UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRrssssssss
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Good assessment the only disagreement would be that i thought cook didnt have a bad game.

Comment

thanks for the report mate...good to hear from someone there

Comment

yhh not sure i agree with cook being cack when he came on
        came on few good touches and battled well not alot of time
        agree with other stuff though esp sdc

Comment

Originally posted by Sirsupahoopsa View Post
          Good assessment the only disagreement would be that i thought cook didnt have a bad game.

I sit in R block so maybe couldnt appreciate what he did that well - being so far away? (I forgot he was on for the first ten minutes of him coming on though)

I forgot to mention Routledges volley - fantastic crisp shot he hit where there keeper made a blinding stop.

Oh and a couple of other things. Adebola for them is a frigging beast of a man and Gorkks did well to try and out muscle him - same as their centrebacks...massive massive blokes, SDC and Helguson had no chance against their strength.

Oh and lastly, if someone kicks someone RIGHT in front of the ref, how the ref cannot at least book them, I'll never know..shocking!!

Suppose the last bit makes it all the greater win, at times the lads really did have a 12th man against them.

UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRrrsssssssssss
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

True about the atmosphere.1st half quit,2nd half electric.:exciting:

Good solid performance from our boys.

Thought Gorkks,Ramage and Ephrain were superb.Taabart is a class player but that dive that he got booked for was shocking.It was bang in front of me as i am in X block.Ronaldo was the same in the early days.All flash and losing the ball.Look how he turned out though.Something to think about if we get get him for next season.

Lopez's goal was a cracker.Still can't take a corner though.

Di Carmine works his socks off but needs someone up with him,but NOT Helguson.

Even Delaney looked the best i have seen him in a while.

I now approach the Palace Game in a much more positive mind.

Comment

I wasnt there but one negative i have read about cook was from the offy report which say he was disposseed leading to bristols goal!!!!!!!!!!!
              ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

Yeh Cook did lose the ball but he made up for it by slippin in Delaney to cross but Taarabt
                CHAMPIONS
                Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Gotta agree about the ref, he was embarassingly weak. We should probably have had a least another, but jesus at least 4 of them should have been booked at one point or another. Their centreback on SDC was emarassing refereeing. having said that he didn't get any major calls wrong, just way too weak with the cards.
                  "What were those things in gremlins called?" - K. Pilkington

Comment

What a difference Taarabt has made to our team. although he does need to learn to pass he caused the BC defence all sorts of problems. we have no hope in hell of signing him, much too good for this league.

can i just add how well i thought leigertwood did at cb after connelly went off

Comment

Losing possession was not Cooks fault. He could barely get to it as the ever lacklustre Helguson fed him a snails paced hospital pass.
                      15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Working...
                      X