Where It Went Wrong This Season !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where It Went Wrong This Season !

Many say team/squad was not good enough for the play-offs.

FACT is after 29 games, we were two points off 4th
    FACT IS after 38 games, we were thirteen points off 4th

The season was lost in that period. Its okay saying we were playing and preparing for next season, but how many after the Blackpool game would have said that? Suddenly some have grown all the patience in the world. are those the patient ones who booed mahon at home to Ipswich, shouted to Sousa "you don't know what you'll doing" which could clearly be heard on SKY TV. Are the patient ones that re-newed before Paulo SOusa left?

From the Ipswich game where De Carmine run the front-line on his own to a 4-4-2 formation away to Barnsley, which saw us for the first and only time this season see Alberti play centre midfield for 30 minutes, it was not working. We were never going to get relegated, but never went for the wins either. We seemed happy to pick up the 0-0 draws at a time, when we needed to move up the table. These results are great when you are fighting relegation, not when you are trying to get into the top 6

I guess that season ticket renewals were low based on bad performances and drab results and I suspect a new manager will give impetus to how we feel for next season.

Fact is after 29 games, we did not have Vine or Buzsacky, so I do not buy the fact the squad or team was not good enough. I suspect Paulo is a great fella and has acheived greatness that other players can only dream of. Does this make him a good manager? In my view, I have to say NO. Shared by some, but not the majority.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

It doesnt matter how many times we go over it its not going to change anything,tell your mate to get his finger out and buy some forwards and lets crack on next year.

Comment

Our squad was never good enough!

Comment

don't you mean "where it went wrong" sorry couldn't rersist
        what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

There's none so blind as those that cannot see...
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

So, I have not posted anything untrue?

Ipswich= at home Helguuson, Blackstock on bench, Cerny fit, but not playing, Stewart dropped, Mahon not taken off.

Cardiff City= Mahion stays in side, we play well and creditable 0-0

Barnsley= playing 4-42, but as if to prove it does not owrk, we see Alberti return, play centre midfield for 30 minutes for the first and only time and bring on Ramon Rose. Mahon gets dropped after playing and proving his point versus Cardiff City.

Norwich city= changing formations yet again, with this time Routledge in a diamond formation behind the front two, and this time playing an 11 aside in atunnel with Conolly and Delaney used as wing-backs

(by the way it was only after Norwich, I started to have reservations)

Sheffield Utd= Changing formations yet again and should have won !! Great save by Kenny.

Doncaster= dropping lopez this time and bringing back Mahon, then after 50 minutes switching to a 3-5-2 formation.

Southampton 0-0 finishes with the coaching team giving players high fives, as if we had just pulled off a great victory.

Swansea at home..just as boring, fans starting to vote with their feets, with a very low crowd and disinterest amongst fans. Another night we drew 0-0, but luckily for us Legiterwood is now playing a sa forward midfielder scores a header to grab victory.

Don't worry, the club will get it right next season. They have to. I am so glad this season is over its been a night-mare. After reviewing those games, I cannot believe many were looking forward to 46 games of the same.

Yes, the club need to push on and get strikers in, but when we do get them, we need to play them. Don't be afraid, if they go 2-3 weeks without scoring a goal and keep playing them. The team should have a consistent look about it, unless of course we get injuries.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

You are correct in what you say but do we have to keep going over it.
              Tell your mate to buy some forwards and to stop handing out contracts to raspberries like Cook and Helguson

Comment

Totally agree, qblockpete.
                Your last paragraph is particularly spot on.
                Just spotted EYR's post, he's made a good point too. Do we really need to sign so many players with long-term ailments? It's getting to the stage now where when we announce a new signing, I start to wonder when his leg will drop off, three weeks? two months?
                Last edited by BUSHRANGER1982; 28-04-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I wonder if the Bristol City fans are saying the same about their season???

Bristol City - After 34 matches - 4th with 53 points
                  Bristol City - After 45 matches - 10th with 61 points (8 points out of a possible 33)

Will they sack Gary Johnson after his failure to make the play offs? Unlikely.

Comment

All went wrong when Sousa gave into the shouts of 4-4-2 with the rubbish he had available to him ,,, even if it was only to show everyone he knew best !!

Then got even worse when someone on a message board started a campaign against Sousa and the same message board led to his removal in one way or another even if it was just by leaving a post up and showing to G P (best case)

Comment

I'm afraid we just weren't good enough this season. Pre-season favourites and that was the kiss of death. If the Magpies come down to the CCC they will be favourites no doubt about it along with Boro and the Baggies. Dipswitch will also be one of the front runners, so any pressure as a so called rich club will be lessened.

Lets face it if we could score goals we would be in the top 2 because our defensive record was very good.

Roll on next season
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think based on what we paid for our season tickets and the way our season ended last season, our expectations were much higher. Lets not forget bristol City have only been in this division for two years.

No they won't get rid of Gary Johnswon, but if he had owners at Bristol City who want success at any cost, then maybe he would be under pressure.

Ipswich have financial clout and they have just appointed Roy keane after Magilton failed to get them into the play-offs and I suspect at the start of the season Ipswich and Bristol City had the same level of expectations.

If ipswich fail to get into the play offs, then I suspect fans will turn on Keane too. Its all about level of expectation in my view.

If we were paying the same prices as Bristol City fans, maybe both board and fans would be a little more patient.

Anyway, as many say its time to move on.

Comment

MkPaul,

have to say thats the perception, but far from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            MkPaul,

have to say thats the perception, but far from the truth.
                            Hopefully it'll all come out in the wash one day ... until then unfortunately it'll all be a matter of opinion

Comment

Pete, You say that if Gary Johnson had owners at Bristol City who want success at any cost.
                              Surely, A move for Adebola isnt really proving that if the rumours are true ?
                              Wouldnt keeping Dex be a better option to keep than signing Adebola on some stupid 2 year deal that he wants.

Lets not forget that it was Flavio himself that said what year he wanted to be playing in the Champs League.

Comment

Working...
                              X