Formations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formations

What formation would you like to see us play next season and what personnel do we currently lack to play it?

Personally I like 4-2-3-1, it allows the full backs to attack because the 2 in front of the defence cover. They also are there to break up and start each attack. I think we have 8 of the 11 already at the club but we lack both full backs and a striker.

My team in this formation:

Cerny
    New RB---Connolly---Gorkss---New LB
    Lopez---Rowlands
    Routledge---Buzsaky---Vine
    New Striker

There is enough cover in defence as well as enough flair in attack. Rowlands and Lopez will do the job that Marcos Senna and Xavi do for Spain.

i like that formation sirpie, i just hope we get the quality players to fill in the gaps and not more average mercenary types. Need some players who are hungry to prove themselves and get in the prem.

Comment

Yeah I like the look of that team and shape. Nice to see you haven't added blackstock as the lone striker
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

-----------------New GK--------------------

-New RB---Connolly---Gorkss---New LB-

-----------------LegsofWood----------------

-----Routledge---Rowlands---Tarabatt-----

--------------------Buzsaky------------------

----------------------Vine--------------------

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          i like that formation sirpie, i just hope we get the quality players to fill in the gaps and not more average mercenary types. Need some players who are hungry to prove themselves and get in the prem.
          It's the formation Spain play when either Villa or Torres go off. Its also the formation that Holland and Portugal use. I think with our talent in midfield we should use it. If we had two fantastic strikers then we should play 4-4-2 but we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Yeah I like the look of that team and shape. Nice to see you haven't added blackstock as the lone striker
            As I've said, I don't think Dexter is the answer but I don't think Agyemang or Helguson are either.

PaulMason - Who would you like the missing players to be?

Comment

Spurr left back and right back Gavin Hoyte
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Spurr left back and right back Gavin Hoyte
                Very good choices - hey we agree on something today!

Comment

sirpiechucker-LOVING that line-up

lets hope so eh??

Comment

sirpiechucker - Thats a bit unfair, but sticking with your formation and the midfield threat (on paper anyway), the striker would need to be a modern day version of Gary Lineker, someone who will kill teams in the 12 yards in front of goal. Ebanks-Blake would fit that slot nicely but it wont happen.

The Right and Left back need to be able to defend their 1/3 of the pitch, as well as be comfortable in bombing forward to link up with last 1/3rd of the pitch. For this league the choice is limited, so I would go for a younger player for these positions, who will do as they are told, instead of a tried and tested player who thinks they no better. Spurr at left back and whoever fits the bill at RB
                    Last edited by paulmason; 28-04-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      sirpiechucker - Thats a bit unfair, but sticking with your formation and the midfield threat (on paper anyway), the striker would need to be a modern day version of Gary Lineker, someone who will kill teams in the 12 yards in front of goal. Ebanks-Blake would fit that slot nicely but it wont happen.

The Right and Left back need to be able to defend their 1/3 of the pitch, as well as be comfortable in bombing forward to link up with last 1/3rd of the pitch. For this league the choice is limited, so I would go for a younger player for these positions, who will do as they are told, instead of a tried and tested player who thinks they no better. Spurr at left back and whoever fits the bill at RB

Sorry to have put you on the spot.

I think you are right about the striker. When the Dutch play one up front they have the midfield doing the work because they know that Van Nistelrooy is deadly in front of goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X