Right reality check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right reality check!

Sir Pie and a few others have been not understanding a few common facts. We don't play football like man united and arsenal so we need a big lump of wood upfront to hold up the ball. Even our fullbacks launch hopeless balls forward so a player LIKE adebola is a must. We are crying out for pace to play alongside him. U could play Vine just off him but I would play Vine on the left which is where I see him most effective. The fact of it is, we won't buy 2 fullbacks and we know how they play, which is both average passes of 30 yards then we need someone who is going to fight for that ball and win possession. I don't think adebola sounds very good but he is a workhorse that we need. He will also bring players into the game like Buzz and Vine. Forget the talk about Roberts as although that would be a great signing, it just won't happen, so lets all just move towards reality please!
    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 28-04-2009, 02:26 PM. Reason: Naughty word used.... SPANK SPANK!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

so i dreamed the fact that we were taken over by the richest man in England and co and that 18 months ago we were promised a 4 year plan to get into premeirship and based on that season ticket prices were raised accordingly? i dreamed it? it isnt reality? Reality is that we get in some lump of a footballer that Bristol City no longer want to play as a workhorse alongside the majority of donkeys we already have? and im still paying higher season ticket prices for it??????? Reality sucks then.
    And how about letting the new manager decide if he wants the cart horse or is Paladini and Flabio still planning on picking the team? maybe a lump up front is not what our new manager has in mind to fit his tactics and style? or maybe the board just dont give a ****.
    Last edited by vblockranger; 28-04-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Vblock the reality is that its irrelevant having the richest owners the fact of the matter is they won't spend the money I think we had all hoped and expected. So I guess...yes reality in the case of a QPR fan does really suck. Adebola just tells us all that we won't see any new fullbacks and that they are going to bring in a man that just does the basic's right. So unfortunately signing players like that tells me expect the same hoof ball that was on show this season. I won't go anymore because of season ticket prices. My friend I play golf with is a 60 year old man. Also a QPR fan. He goes to watch premiership football at fulham for 5 POUNDS! Can you blame him? I don't but I will just watch match of the day from now on as I don't see things changing. The new manager is the key to whether I change my mind, the players have offered me zero entertainment!

Comment

Going back to the start of the takeover.

Major consensus was for the board "not to spend big" and not be like the team down the road.

This time last season, we were still singing Flavio songs
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I've never said we play football like Man Utd. I've never said we will sign Jason Roberts. I know exactly the type of football we should be playing and I know exactly the type of players we need to achieve that.

Selling Blackstock for £1.5m and expecting to bring in a striker with pace that is better than him for the same money is daft. Why sell your most prolific striker in the first place and secondly for a fee which doesn't get you much in return?

I'm happy to agree to disagree but Blackstock is 22 years old, has 13 league goals this season and is fit enough to play a full 46 match season where as Adebola is 33 has fewer goals and because of his agree and prior injuries cannot guarantee us 46 matches.

Comment

Well im just fed up. I don't want us to follow the route of chelscum but I also want to spend my saturday afternoon being entertained. Strikers that are proven do not come cheap, so for that reason I think the squad needs at least 7 million invested on the playing staff. Yes thank you for the new lick of paint and the big screen and the c club but lets now back that up with 2 new strikers a creative mid and 2 fullbacks.

Comment

spend some money on the ground where us serfs sit and get in a good manager and some decent players and ill be singing flabio song again....
              This time last season was before the Dowie and Sousa sackings and we was waiting for the club to buy a decent striker.

Comment

Blackstock will not score us goals to get us into the top 6 that is just a fact. If you think otherwise then I would put the whiskey bottle down. Blackstock does not hold the ball up and everyone moans that he doesn't get the service so they are looking at bringing in a player that offers more to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Blackstock will not score us goals to get us into the top 6 that is just a fact. If you think otherwise then I would put the whiskey bottle down. Blackstock does not hold the ball up and everyone moans that he doesn't get the service so they are looking at bringing in a player that offers more to the team.
                  What and Adebola will?

Blackstock is the 9th highest scorer in this division. He has scored more goals than any Sheff United player. He has the same as Kevin Phillips, more than any Burnley, Preston, Ipswich or Bristol City player. If he was as poor as you make out why should we expect any money for him? Why would any club want to buy him? Why should we sell him off when we have Agyemang or Helguson who are worse players still at the club?

Comment

i agree keep Blackstock as backup and go out and get 4 or 5 GOOD players. Spend some money and show some ambition.

Comment

Get him off the wage bill. Rumour are that he wants 15k a week. He is not even worth half that a week. Ok he does get the occasional goal but surely im not on my own when I walk away from Loftus road thinking 'that bloody blackstock, he's done sod all again'!
                      We can agree to disagree but for me he offers nothing to the team. He has the worst touch for a centre forward playing in the championship and he is a bottom end of championship hence notts forest or league 1 player in my eyes

Comment

Get him off the wage bill. Rumour are that he wants 15k a week. He is not even worth half that a week. Ok he does get the occasional goal but surely im not on my own when I walk away from Loftus road thinking 'that bloody blackstock, he's done sod all again'!
                        We can agree to disagree but for me he offers nothing to the team. He has the worst touch for a centre forward playing in the championship and he is a bottom end of championship hence notts forest or league 1 player in my eyes
                        I'm not his biggest fan. I don't think he is the best striker either I just think that we should be improving our squad not just the team.

This year our biggest problem has been that we don't have good enough reserves. If we lose our best players to injury like Buzsaky, Vine etc we need to replace them in the team with good players. If Adebola signs and we replace him with Agyemang then we are going to have the same problems as we did this season. Until Blackstock is our 4th best striker (i.e. we have three that are better than him) we shouldn't sell.

Comment

I understand where your coming from but do you see Blackstock the type of player that will settle for being on the bench. Blackstock with a negative attitude is not good for the team. If we got 2 million for him and the board added to that I don't see why we can't be looking at a much better centre forward line next season.

Comment

I understand where your coming from but do you see Blackstock the type of player that will settle for being on the bench. Blackstock with a negative attitude is not good for the team. If we got 2 million for him and the board added to that I don't see why we can't be looking at a much better centre forward line next season.
                            If I had scored as many as Blackstock had this season and was put on the bench then I wouldn't be happy either. I know he went 5 matches in a row without scoring and Sousa obviously thought this was enough of an opportunity but you still wouldn't be happy if you are then replaced by SDC.

I've never met Blackstock or any of our strikers so I don't know if any of them would be particularly happy to warm the bench but I would rather have a striker who is unhappy not playing because he is desperate to play than another striker who is only here to pick up his pay slip.

I also am not convinced that any money generated by the sale of Blackstock will instantly be put back into buying a decent replacement. As I've said before I think Agyemang should be the one we are looking to off load first as he is scoring/assist record is dire especially compared to Blackstock's.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              What and Adebola will?

Blackstock is the 9th highest scorer in this division. He has scored more goals than any Sheff United player. He has the same as Kevin Phillips, more than any Burnley, Preston, Ipswich or Bristol City player. If he was as poor as you make out why should we expect any money for him? Why would any club want to buy him? Why should we sell him off when we have Agyemang or Helguson who are worse players still at the club?
                              Quality information as ever SirPie - plain hard facts. The one about DB scoring as many as Kevin Phillips is the single most poignant fact. How many people demanded that we pay the money and give him a 2 year deal to sign for us..........value for money and a shoe in for 20 plus goals apparently. PMSL
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X