Do we want results or performances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we want results or performances?

I have heard alot of people getting excited about Di Canio possibly returning because of the 'great' football we played under him originally.

Firstly, has everyone forgot the dire performances against the likes of Coventry, Norwich, Charlton, Hull, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Burnley that we witnessed? These were all games at the end of the season when Di Canio was in charge. They were not great games by a long stretch.

It seems people are only remembering a few games when we did admittably play.

Its also the same people calling for Di Canio to return that say they want a manager with CCC experience?

My question is, do people want results at any cost? or a performance where the result is not that important as long as its 'attractive' football?

Thought at home to Burnley we were fantastic.

Andy cole changed the game.

by the time Norwich came around, Lee camp wanted to play centre midfield.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

So would you be happy watching 4-2 defeats every week as long as we play 'attractive' football?

Comment

Results get you promoted,pretty football gets you a pat on the back.

Comment

why not both? which i feel we would get under decanio.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
            Results get you promoted,pretty football gets you a pat on the back.
            Exactly!

Comment

Results........nothing else matters in this league.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Blimey, I'd rather spend an eternity in the championship than watching a string of boring 1-0 wins.
                Some people seem to think you can only have one or the other. Why not both?
                I seem to remember enjoying a fair few performances that got us results under both Gordon Jago and Dave Sexton.

Comment

I get more excited at wins then at pretty football. But then I'm just one of these wierd competative people that likes to win at things and be the best I can be.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                    Blimey, I'd rather spend an eternity in the championship than watching a string of boring 1-0 wins.
                    I seem to remember enjoying a fair few performances that got us results under both Gordon Jago and Dave Sexton.

I like this answer.

Personally I would like performances but to be honest I can't see how a full season of good performances can't fail to be right up their with the best of them at the end of it.
                    We have not seen a season of performance for a very long time.

We can have both with good performances I believe.

I don't get why so many people feel categorise together good football and defeat all the time.
                    The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                    :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                      I like this answer.

Personally I would like performances but to be honest I can't see how a full season of good performances can't fail to be right up their with the best of them at the end of it.

I don't get why so many people feel categorise together good football and defeat all the time.
                      Fear, maybe? I wonder what the motto of the SAS would be if they adopted the attitude of some football fans ? "He who's careful", maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                        I like this answer.

When people talk about 'sexy' football they normally mean when you have fullbacks over lapping and the midfielders bombing forward. When this happens, gaps are left which can be exploited.

Take Delaney under De Canio. All he did was bomb forward. His actual defensive work was not so hot. This was happening when we were aparently playing this great football under de canio. Since Dowie and Sousa he has been more defensive which has resulted in less goals conceded but again less attacking play.

Lets not forget that the 'coach' who takes charge will have huge amounts of pressure from you know who to get the results. Do you think the owners will be happy with a great open attacking display but a loss or a win?

This is how Moriniho played i.e. just going for results, and it won alot of trophies

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                          Ah but if you win your games 1-0 you won't be in the Championship for eternity.

I want us to play pretty and win. Man Utd do play attractive football (not as good to watch as Arsenal) and win.

Comment

Good preformances = results.

Comment

Trebles for show and doubles for dough.

Comment

Working...
                              X