One Year On....The New Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its an abomination.
    I mean I'd understand if there was something wrong with the old one, but there wasnt, it was widely heralded as a design classic.
    I dont think the new one will ever be in danger of being heralded as a design classic will it ? lol

Comment

Design classic? - the old one was horrid.
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

hate the new badge. Sticks out like a sore thumb and will stop me buying the new shirt because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
          Design classic? - the old one was horrid.
          Agree - the old one was a mess. A rancid stench of a design. Should never have lost the Hammersmith coat of arms

Comment

Not mad on it.

Comment

It reminds me of the new regime at QPR, therefore I hate it.

Comment

The new badge is vulgar and nasty. Their desire to change the badge so quickly is illustrative of a complete disregard and ignorance of our history.

Comment

JeanD you are completely RIGHT,i absolutely f*****g HATE it......almost as much as I HATE Flabio!!!
                  http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
                    The new badge is vulgar and nasty. Their desire to change the badge so quickly is illustrative of a complete disregard and ignorance of our history.

Now I'm not their greatest fan (understatement) but that is pure drivel - was that said when we changed to the 80's abomination?
                    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
                      Eh? You've demonstrated a similar ignorance of history. Badge changed with no fuss in 1972. Badge changed with no fuss in 1982. Badge changed in 2008 and "oh my God, won't somebody please think of the children".

FFS :devil:

Comment

My dislike of the new badge is I suppose my problem Writter. I think it is horrid.

I would imagine that most people on this board will realise that we have had more than one badge in the last 40 odd years, Nodge. You will be telling me that Flav has a marketing background next. And unlike you, in this reply, I will not imply that you are ingnorant.

Anyway, I don't want to come over as particularly combative.

My point was that rushing to change the badge without consultation or any idea of the strength of the then current brand reinforced the idea that the club, the 'project' was, and to some extent still is a plaything for Flav & his mates.
                        Regardless of what the likes of you, me or any of us may think. And, yes, I am afraid that that does show a disregard for the club's history and for its customers too.
                        IMO the new owners would have achieved an absolute coup by readopting the old Hammersmith 'three horseshoe' logo. It would have done the owners a power of good in terms of building good will with the fanbase.
                        I dont suppose Flav considers it sufficiently 'global'....
                        All a bit sad, IMO, a lost opportunity.

Comment

Loved it from the off and love it now!

Come on Rangers three points sat please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it sums up all that is wrong with qpr....UP IN THE CLOUDS!!!

london rangers
                            there's only one london rangers

Comment

yes, but your white shorts are back next season

be careful of those stains:boss:
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

no it is s@@t

Comment

Working...
                                X