Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
    Delaney was £580k
    600k plus clauses that havent been activated yet.

Comment

definately good deals - but if we had spent a bit more generously, we would be in the playoofs

Comment

Remember those few weeks after the takeover and we were all so excited about having mega-wealthy owners???All looking forward to signing the likes of Zidane??And now here we are-mid-table,and looking at how many"good-deals" we have done.Reality comes home to bite us.

Comment

we may have forgotten that flav's loanees had to be seen to be getting games, so there was that issue to deal with as well, which affected our season, leading to possible constraints on other spending which we knew needed to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
            Yes he has bought in some very good players there is no denying that and as Sirpie says he has bought in some stinkers, but what he also did was effectivley disable us this season by not buying 2 quality strikers, a left back and a decent attacking midfielder, so IMO GP deserves criticism not credit.

Plus Funky's love-in with the QPR board recently just makes me suspicious, maybe times are a changing at qpr?

Last summer we thought we had a good attacking left back in Delaney but he has gone backwards which is not the fault of the club so they can't be blamed for not buying a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
              I think it's pretty damm good lets look at some of the players we have bought in.....

Cerny FREE

Rammage FREE

STEWART FREE

Gorks 250k

Routledge 400k

Buzzacky 500k

Delaney 750k

Connoly 1 million

Vine 1.5 million

Heider 750k

Been the odd bad one but more good than bad.
              Cerny's signing on alone fee eclipses some of the fees quoted !!! :exciting:

The only one there that could be considered a bargain would be Gorkks. Stewart at a push, only because he was a free (plus signing on fee and agency fees - double bubble not to be sniffed at). Buszacky if he can stay fit.

Comment

I would argue Delaney was excellent under de Canio.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Funky, you forgot the deal done on Cook

Which is conveniently forgotten now, as the argument used is that he never passes his man and not as good, injury taken its toll, blah , blah

I ask those fans to look back two seasons, not once does Cook go down the line for Blackstock's crosses.

I hope Mr QPR Lee Cook, stuffs those supporters next season who have forgotten he was Player of the season only 2 years ago and gave some money back to the club after his transfer to fulham.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I still think our transfer policy stinks.We are paying the highest prices in the country to watch Championship football (old second division),higher than a lot of Premiership clubs,have a man in Briatore that won't spend more than £1m on a player,and would take them all on loan if he could , all for what - to watch a team thats pretty average and looks like finishing halfway down the table.Admittedly Vine, Buz, Cerny,Connelly etc have been prudent acquisitions,but we're still a very ordinary team that isn't going to improve next season unless Briatore is going to change his strategy and invest in quality strikers as Wolves have just demonstrated.Thats unlikely to happen as we all know - so much of the same next season despite all the promises and hype employed to get us to part with our money.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Funky, you forgot the deal done on Cook

Which is conveniently forgotten now, as the argument used is that he never passes his man and not as good, injury taken its toll, blah , blah

I ask those fans to look back two seasons, not once does Cook go down the line for Blackstock's crosses.

I hope Mr QPR Lee Cook, stuffs those supporters next season who have forgotten he was Player of the season only 2 years ago and gave some money back to the club after his transfer to fulham.
                      Can we not differentiate between a great guy and a great player? Lee Cook, fantastic gesture (also Crouchy and Les for both knocking in 5 figure sums into the bucket collections) but great, good or even average player THIS season. Nope. Don't buy it. Useless this season (aside 1, maybe 2 games) and a very, very silly permanent signing with that knee.

If Basil Brush said he was a QPR fan and chucked in some cash, would you play him on the left too? :exciting:

Comment

No, us fans have very short memories.

We've played 44 games, how many games has he played in his favoured position, left wing?

How many times have Cook and Blackstock played together, left wing/centre forward, you will be surprised/??

Comment

Where does Cook fit in next year? Id pick Taraabt and Vine on the left over Cook with Buzsaky playing off the main forward.No room for Cook.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                            Where does Cook fit in next year? Id pick Taraabt and Vine on the left over Cook with Buzsaky playing off the main forward.No room for Cook.
                            Ask him. He posts on here :boss:
                            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Lets hope Cookie can get back to his best next season.

He had a superb game against Wednesday
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Yeah right??!!! Don't tell me,he posts under the name of............DFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:
                                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
                                X