Player Wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Wages

Not sure how accurate these figures are?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/footb...-player-wages/

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

If this stat is right our weekly salary costs are £178k plus any performance based fees.

Hugill and Leinstner are top earners with respectively 18k and 16k - we save almost 20% if we get both off the books. Third, fourth and fight highest according this list are Cameron, Hall and Pugh. The two last have already gone so thats some more significant savings.

I think we are freeing up some serious money, making room for some good additions. I think we will spend more in the transfer market and sign better players than many fear.

Comment

Would have thought Cameron and Rangel's new contracts were for less money as well.

Comment

I’ve no issues with those gone considering wages they were on especially if were looking at younger players

Hall always injured
        Pugh ok but past it
        leistner never let us down but limited

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Would have thought Cameron and Rangel's new contracts were for less money as well.
          Has rangel signed a new deal? Good for him if he has but unfortunate for the club as he's missing a large chunk of next season

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Has rangel signed a new deal? Good for him if he has but unfortunate for the club as he's missing a large chunk of next season
            Rangel only signed an extension to the end of this season.

Cameron signed a new one year deal to cover next season which I assume was on reduced terms due to being older, the new market conditions and possibility of playing less.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
              Thanks a lot for sharing this.

If this stat is right our weekly salary costs are £178k plus any performance based fees.

Hugill and Leinstner are top earners with respectively 18k and 16k - we save almost 20% if we get both off the books. Third, fourth and fight highest according this list are Cameron, Hall and Pugh. The two last have already gone so thats some more significant savings.

I think we are freeing up some serious money, making room for some good additions. I think we will spend more in the transfer market and sign better players than many fear.
              I think I read that the aim was to get average wages down to £7k per week. With some lads on £4k that would give scope for our main forward being on £12k a week

Comment

Mad how we're aiming for total wages of 100-150k a week for the whole squad when less than ten years ago we had players earning nearly that just by themselves. Madness.

Comment

Looked at Wigan. Cheeky barstewards!! They need docking 100pts for paying those wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Looked at Wigan. Cheeky barstewards!! They need docking 100pts for paying those wages.
                    I appreciate that there has been a bit of doom and gloom around since our post lockdown performances and questions around Les's ability as DOF. But I really do think that there will be many teams suffering more than us next season due to the financial burden of their squads.

I genuinely thought that all money made from player transfers this summer would go to pay off existing debts but the rumoured Moore signing shows that some money may be put back into transfer fees.

I think we'll be fine next season when the squad is complete. When I say fine, I mean a 12-15th place finish.

Comment

Although Leistner hasn't been sold yet and still has another year. Could, although I don't think so, be shortly back on the payrole.

Comment

I thought we only paid max of 2 to 3K?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I appreciate that there has been a bit of doom and gloom around since our post lockdown performances and questions around Les's ability as DOF. But I really do think that there will be many teams suffering more than us next season due to the financial burden of their squads.

I genuinely thought that all money made from player transfers this summer would go to pay off existing debts but the rumoured Moore signing shows that some money may be put back into transfer fees.

I think we'll be fine next season when the squad is complete. When I say fine, I mean a 12-15th place finish.
                          Let's be honest, EFL seem incapable of enforcing FFP with any gusto or credibility. I strongly suspect they will be even less stringent (if that's possible) over coming year or so due to Covid impact. You could argue that applying strict financial controls and punishments to a league already suffering catastrophic losses is pointless and counterproductive? Whatever, I reckon next season several clubs will try and take advantage and indulge in a reckless spend and gamble on promotion whilst hoping EFL will take a "light touch" to governance due to Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            I thought we only paid max of 2 to 3K?
                            Tube drivers earn that in London!!!

Comment

If any truth in the wages on that list someone needs shooting for giving Kane £9,500 and Wallace £10,000 pw

Comment

Working...
                              X