Bos on his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bos on his way

Word is he’s not in the squad tomorrow, bid accepted in the region of £5 million . Belgian club apparently, personnel terms haven’t been agreed so other bids could still come in .

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Word is he’s not in the squad tomorrow, bid accepted in the region of £5 million . Belgian club apparently, personnel terms haven’t been agreed so other bids could still come in .
    Would have thought £7m would be about right. But cash on the hip and slightly bigger sell on clause may amount to the same thing. I cant see why another other club would now bid more than the £5m we've accepted from Brugge. Anymore money now sloshing around from another club would now go in bigger package to BOS. Good luck to the lad.

With only one year left on his contract it seems okay, but in an ideal world it's a bit light. But all clubs are facing a drop in income due to covid, so on the whole............

Comment

There is also reported interest in Manning, so if we could get £5m there and another £15m for Eze that's a nice £25m with BOS money. With debts in the last reported accounts of £33.8m and monthly losses for that season coming in at £1m the debt now would be circa £45m. Any reduction in monthly debt with a cheaper squad likely to be offset by reduced income due to COVID.

With a likely £45m debt I doubt we'll be seeing much of that possible £25m in transfer sale money. Im sure the owners have demands on their cash from their other business interests so doubt they'll subsidise the club much more, hence all transfer money going to pay off existing debt

Comment

Has to be a few quid put aside to invest a bit this summer or I fear the worst , glad we are finally getting reasonable offers but we ain’t going to get away with scrimping it year after year .

Comment

Reported 5Mil what an absolute joke if true.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQPR2020 View Post
            Reported 5Mil what an absolute joke if true.
            Euros = £4.7m reportedly

Comment

I know I get accused of spin by certain posters but the reality is this . Bos has only really established himself in the team since his goal at Birmingham in December, before that it was all potential. The club have been trying to extend his contract all season but he has refused , don’t blame him he can earn much more elsewhere.Unfortunatly Man Utd and Bayern Munich don’t seem interested which would have bumped the price up . We turned down a bid of 3 million in January so we have held out and got considerably more .We couldn’t risk losing him for nothing next summer so a deal has to be done . The COVID situation also doesn’t help as clubs are being a bit more prudent .I would like to think there is a sell on clause involved as well but he hasn’t agreed personal terms yet so it could still fall through.My own opinion is he’s a 10 million pound player but other clubs don’t seem to think so .

Comment

It’s not a lot of money to accept is it, I’m not surprised because im getting used to how this works at QPR now

Until we get smart people into the club we better get used to this. We all know he’s a 10million plus player sadly

All the best if BOS decides to accept the contract offer
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

ridiculous
                  should be 8 mill at least.
                  and not playing tomorrow.!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                    ridiculous
                    should be 8 mill at least.
                    and not playing tomorrow.!!!!
                    I agree but how do you make a club pay that fee ? He’s refusing to extend his contract , do we keep turning down bids and risk letting him walk away for nothing ? There would be uproar then .

Comment

Fair point.
                      I new we would lose him at the end of the season,what gets me is not playing him tomorrow,
                      the squad is depleted already, I can see disaster in both final games.

Comment

But if he left next Summer would it actually be for a free transfer? I always thought players under 24 don't leave for free if the club wants to retain them or has that changed?

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                          Fair point.
                          I new we would lose him at the end of the season,what gets me is not playing him tomorrow,
                          the squad is depleted already, I can see disaster in both final games.
                          We have nothing to play for , if he breaks his leg tomorrow and is out for 9 months the club is well out of pocket as he leaves for nothing next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                            But if he left next Summer would it actually be for a free transfer? I always thought players under 24 don't leave for free if the club wants to retain them or has that changed?
                            An independent body sets a fee , and that is always well known for being well under market value . Plus Would Bos really give it his all next season if we kept him against his will and refused to let him go .

Comment

And Birmingham got £22.75 million for Bellingham, yes he has more potential but that is all it is, potential, he may never improve.

Annoyed with only £4.7 million really, even if we did have that all to spend, we wouldn't even get anyone near as good as him.

Comment

Working...
                              X