Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are lucky

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We are lucky

    Lads, I don`t post here too often but I think now is the right time to say it - we are so so lucky not to have been in L1 by now.

    Every single season no matter who the manager and the players are we are one of the weakest sides in this League:
    • In seson 16/17 we survived by only 2 points
    • in 17/18 we were a solid mid table club with a really average side
    • last year we were 19th only thanks to loan signings we made in winter IMO
    • this season again no money, average players but I reckon every single one here thought we`d give it a right go in pushing for play-offs at some stage. And i still think had we still had Nakhi on out books we`d have at least 8-9 points more. Loosing him was/is a disaster.

    Obviously if we don`t have a successful summer ( autumn) and don`t bring in at least 5-6 players we are destined to go down next season. The squad is as weak as it could be.

  • #2
    Strangerods second account ^

    Les Out
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

    LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Strangerods second account ^

      Les Out
      He does have a point.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Strangerods second account ^

        Les Out
        You know people would take your argument more seriously if you could actually justify it.

        Other than that you just sound pretty delusional tbh.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RussianRanger View Post
          Lads, I don`t post here too often but I think now is the right time to say it - we are so so lucky not to have been in L1 by now.

          Every single season no matter who the manager and the players are we are one of the weakest sides in this League:
          • In seson 16/17 we survived by only 2 points
          • in 17/18 we were a solid mid table club with a really average side
          • last year we were 19th only thanks to loan signings we made in winter IMO
          • this season again no money, average players but I reckon every single one here thought we`d give it a right go in pushing for play-offs at some stage. And i still think had we still had Nakhi on out books we`d have at least 8-9 points more. Loosing him was/is a disaster.

          Obviously if we don`t have a successful summer ( autumn) and don`t bring in at least 5-6 players we are destined to go down next season. The squad is as weak as it could be.
          The D O G S H I T legacy of the Tony Fernandes era.... Remember he took over just as we had won promotion to the PL for the first time in 16 years. We have gone from those heady days to clinging to the bottom of the championship each season. What a complete mess.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

            The D O G S H I T legacy of the Tony Fernandes era.... Remember he took over just as we had won promotion to the PL for the first time in 16 years. We have gone from those heady days to clinging to the bottom of the championship each season. What a complete mess.
            Well said.

            Russian Ranger makes valid points and this all stems from the mismanagement of the club starting from the very top (i.e. Chairman Fernandes - a qualified accountant who couldn't see that the club was overspending by millions).

            We so have a very low budget to work with - as do a few other clubs in this division - but we need to address this off the field :with cautious spending, better negotiating when selling players and the club i.e. sponsorship deals Couldn't the club do better than Ashville Aggregates, Royal Panda etc? They also need to sell the stadium naming rights to generate funds as other clubs do. On the field with better teamwork and organisation of the defence. I am confident that MW is trying and is capable.



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

              Well said.

              Russian Ranger makes valid points and this all stems from the mismanagement of the club starting from the very top (i.e. Chairman Fernandes - a qualified accountant who couldn't see that the club was overspending by millions).

              We so have a very low budget to work with - as do a few other clubs in this division - but we need to address this off the field :with cautious spending, better negotiating when selling players and the club i.e. sponsorship deals Couldn't the club do better than Ashville Aggregates, Royal Panda etc? They also need to sell the stadium naming rights to generate funds as other clubs do. On the field with better teamwork and organisation of the defence. I am confident that MW is trying and is capable.


              I wonder how much we`ll get for BOS and Eze. Knowing our board, it`ll be around 7m for BOS and 10 mil+a player for Eze (Amos/Hugill whoever).

              Honestly it`s getting silly now. The club is run by dilettants no matter what we are told about FFP and all that BS, who got us into this mess in the first place? MW has done a miracle this season IMO.

              Comment


              • #8
                It was being run by a poor ceo & chairman but that’s history & we have put up with what’s gone on, but club now being run properly & good ceo & dof & amit, you’ve just got to be patient

                Comment


                • #9
                  We can`t just rely on young players, our scouting network must work hard to bring in a few experienced heads this summer.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                    It was being run by a poor ceo & chairman but that’s history & we have put up with what’s gone on, but club now being run properly & good ceo & dof & amit, you’ve just got to be patient
                    Agree to some extent but before we sing the praises of the trio you mention lets see what money they get in for selling our best players.

                    Arsenal turned down a 5m offer from Brentford for a young striker who hasn't even played a 1st team game yet. The latter want 40m for Benrahma. I will not be pleased to get 7 & 10m for BOS and Eze. Those fees will not provide much for MW to build next season's team with.

                    A large sum of it will be used for running costs without gate receipts and will probably leave just 1-3m to spend on new players. That is a pittance and won't even buy a striker as poor as Washington.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

                      Agree to some extent but before we sing the praises of the trio you mention lets see what money they get in for selling our best players.

                      Arsenal turned down a 5m offer from Brentford for a young striker who hasn't even played a 1st team game yet. The latter want 40m for Benrahma. I will not be pleased to get 7 & 10m for BOS and Eze. Those fees will not provide much for MW to build next season's team with.

                      A large sum of it will be used for running costs without gate receipts and will probably leave just 1-3m to spend on new players. That is a pittance and won't even buy a striker as poor as Washington.
                      Agree Stan, we shouldn’t accept anything less than 15 mil for eze & at least 6-8 mil for bos

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sorry guys tried to post an account of championship finances for 18/19 season . Only 3 teams have a better wages to income ratio . Our income was 34 million our wages were 24 million .Teams like Reading , Derby , Villa , sheff wed , Birmingham , Wigan had horrific figures.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Surely the Govt can confirm that football can return in Sept with supporters wearing approved face masks? Clubs could sell these to get some money in. All clubs need to get some ST money in the coffers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Surely the Govt can confirm that football can return in Sept with supporters wearing approved face masks? Clubs could sell these to get some money in. All clubs need to get some ST money in the coffers.
                              Call me old fashioned but would rather nail my nuts to a table than go to out muzzled.......not for me i'm afraid.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X