Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very good read

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...academy-052022

Speaks a lot of sense , times have changed since the start of the warren farm project .As for the academy I agree again , if we are scouting properly which we have been over the last few years by picking up other clubs cast offs then there is no need to be wasting a fortune running an academy which will likely only churn out 1 or 2 players every 10 years or so .

Comment

Great post, I’ve always agreed with Dave

This club has been ran like rubbish for a long time now and as someone who works high up for a huge company I can see it’s ran by wishful thinking and pipe dreams as opposed to real actions and good people

This club is the smallest club in West London now when it had huge money pumped into it and should be easily the second biggest in West London

Shambles
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

OK so what huge company do you work for qpr and in what role? I do agree with what you say but let's have more of your background as you use it to justify your reasoning
        Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 09-05-2020, 10:49 AM.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          OK so what huge company do you work for qpr and in what role? I do agree with what you say but let's have more of your background as you use it to justify your reasoning
          He’s deluded, I’ve lost count of the times he’s mentioned his top job on this message board , it’s like he uses it to give the impression his views hold more weight than all other posters . He’s been called out by numerous posters on many occasions .

Comment

I think its a multinational skyscraper window cleaning company

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
              I think its a multinational skyscraper window cleaning company

QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

If every club closed their academies then there would be cast offs to pick from. I would argue that the fees we got from Sterling paid for the academy for many years. There is a structure in place for clubs to be compensated when young lads leave.

I would prefer to officially invest into the Spurs academy so we get second dibs and we can bring our own players into that set up too.

To close an academy is the slippery slope of only relying on top flight cast offs that may hinder the national teams. Perhaps league 1 and 2 clubs should get plays from the pub or they should all close? How can we say we're a community club if young lads cant get a shot at being pro footballers?

Comment

Working...
                X