No announcement yet.

Ian Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People have short memories (generalisation)

But last time around:

Was an appalling appointment that almost ended in disaster. No idea what club did part way through his second season to get him to change formation and selections but without that could have been in trouble. That together with almost taking us down the previous season from a position of safety.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Harsh but can't disagree on his second term. Was an appalling appointment that almost ended in disaster. No idea what club did part way through his second season to get him to change formation and selections but without that could have been in trouble. That together with almost taking us down the previous season from a position of safety.

However could never doubt his commitment and his first spell as manager remains one of my favourites. Very committed footballer who helped facilitate Ray Wilkins' golden years with us.

Ignoring his second spell with us very up and down at this level over the years but had some good moments including promotions so can look back with some pride on his achievements. Nearly all managers reach the stage where they either need to give up or go down the leagues. That is just where he was with us second time around. Hopefully he can enjoy things at Grimsby and even squeeze in a promotion at some stage in the future.

Well said and it just about sums up my thoughts regarding Ollie.

I wish him well at Grimsby this season and hopefully he will get them nearer to promotion than relegation next season.

Comment

Legend for sure and entertainment as well.

Comment

Working...
        X