Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New stadium and training ground.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    We will not have a new stadium within the next 10 years, its taken so long to get the training ground over the line, I know because of objections, but still seems like an age, we don't have the money to build a ground without local authority help or big backer, and talk of a 40,000 stadium is ridiculous cant sell out the 19.000 one we have now will be like playing in a morgue. I think we should maybe look to rebuild our little oasis in the white city a better way slowly one stand at a time maybe the stands could be a little higher and cantilever, no posts and maybe push the capacity up to 25-28000, and get it completed maybe within 5-6 years

    jumpers?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rodman View Post


      jumpers?
      For goalposts?
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

      Comment


      • #18
        I'm sure our club have been searching for a new ground for more than 30 years, the current board are the only ones to have done something but blocked.

        We can't expand anymore and if we want to move asap, the club has no choice but to move out of W12.

        Comment


        • #19
          I remember years ago prob in the late 70s QPR done a map and put pins of all the season holders addresses to see where most of us lived. The result was the Hayes, Greenford, and Heston areas won.
          Be interesting to see where we are now.

          Comment


          • #20
            Seem to remember there are legal covenants which prevent any meaningful expansion of Loftus Road.

            I suspect if we got a new ground and good facilities we could fill 30,000 plus even allowing for the various other clubs in the area. A positive buzz and better match day experience will get people there. We would though need to avoid League One and be working our way up this division ...

            Comment


            • #21
              Latest news on da ground

              http://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/defa...stadium003.htm

              Linford Christie Stadium May Not Be The Answer For QPR

              Comment


              • #22
                The whole point of a new stadium is to get a bit more space, clear views and expansive concourses/facilities. It is clearly utterly impossible to do that on the postage stamp of land KPFS is shoe-horned into.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  Do we need a new stadium with our crowds , can't fill LR
                  We do need a new stadium and it has little to do with match day crowds. The KPFS is unused about 340 days of the year. The reason it is unused it because we have no other facilities to offer. We have very little in term of corporate facilities but even those are normal overlooked because we have no parking and are a good 10 minute walk from the tube. If you look at other clubs - Reading for example have very few other events at the ground but use it as a hotel and the corporate facilities are almost always booked out. Of the income their stadium makes less than 30% of this comes from match day crowds. MK Dons have an even higher % of their stadium's turnover come from non match day events. Look at what Spurs are doing with their ground too.

                  The issue is not that the capacity being too small, the issue is that it is prime London land that is disused for 90% of the year.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Plus a lot of seats have obscured views due to pillars and the toilets are not particualrly appealing. The old girl is creaking and a new stadium should require less maintenance and be cheaper to maintain and run.
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Seem to remember there are legal covenants which prevent any meaningful expansion of Loftus Road.

                      I suspect if we got a new ground and good facilities we could fill 30,000 plus even allowing for the various other clubs in the area. A positive buzz and better match day experience will get people there. We would though need to avoid League One and be working our way up this division ...
                      REALLY? you really believe we could fill a 30K stadium we couldn't fill L Rd in the prem , the only way that would happen is if we gave 12. 000 tickets to the away team. I know lots of Rs fans who don't go, all for different reasons, we may be able in a new ground because everyone will want to see it push our support toward 22/23 000 but no way are we going to fill a 30K stadium and the board are talking 40K stadium, we'll be playing in a half empty ground most weeks

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dave58 View Post

                        REALLY? you really believe we could fill a 30K stadium we couldn't fill L Rd in the prem , the only way that would happen is if we gave 12. 000 tickets to the away team. I know lots of Rs fans who don't go, all for different reasons, we may be able in a new ground because everyone will want to see it push our support toward 22/23 000 but no way are we going to fill a 30K stadium and the board are talking 40K stadium, we'll be playing in a half empty ground most weeks
                        Take a look at BC Place in Vancouver, 22,000 for MLS, then they convert it to 54,000 the next week for NFL, a smaller version may well be the answer.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnosruEGu20

                        https://www.bcplace.com/the-stadium
                        I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

                          Take a look at BC Place in Vancouver, 22,000 for MLS, then they convert it to 54,000 the next week for NFL, a smaller version may well be the answer.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnosruEGu20

                          https://www.bcplace.com/the-stadium
                          Fantastic stadium .

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

                            Take a look at BC Place in Vancouver, 22,000 for MLS, then they convert it to 54,000 the next week for NFL, a smaller version may well be the answer.

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnosruEGu20

                            https://www.bcplace.com/the-stadium
                            Well that would certainly work for QPR. The top tier could only be used for other events or even big cup or international matches if required.

                            However, I would be happy with a 25,000 -30,000 capacity too as the corporate facilities are what is vitally needed by the club especially to help meet with the sustainability rules.

                            But in truth I doubt very much that this will be happening any time within the next 10 years.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Need Amit and the family to have 100% of the club.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                With our new stadium......


                                fans4-800x504.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X