Refreshing mentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing mentality

How refreshing is it to have a manager who picks an away game team selectiion that basically says we're going there to compete, attack and try to.win 3 points.

After so many periods when we'd play conservative negative football basically more concerned about stopping the opposition rather than attacking and making them worry about us, often leading to poor results, its great to see. Obviously not all results will go our way and we've had a couple of poor ones this season, but even in those games we've created more than enough to win the matches so unlucky.

I for one can accept the odd defeat as long as the teams given their all and tried to win the match rather than sit back hoping to shut out the other team and invariably failing and ending up with a pathetic lacklustre defeat. Long may it continue.

One of the big differences this season is the possession figure, BBC reporting 55% in favour of us today, some games last season sub 30%.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      How refreshing is it to have a manager who picks an away game team selectiion that basically says we're going there to compete, attack and try to.win 3 points.

After so many periods when we'd play conservative negative football basically more concerned about stopping the opposition rather than attacking and making them worry about us, often leading to poor results, its great to see. Obviously not all results will go our way and we've had a couple of poor ones this season, but even in those games we've created more than enough to win the matches so unlucky.

I for one can accept the odd defeat as long as the teams given their all and tried to win the match rather than sit back hoping to shut out the other team and invariably failing and ending up with a pathetic lacklustre defeat. Long may it continue.
      Very good post,I completely agree

Comment

A team that competes and puts in 100% every game is all I ask , when I saw furlong give up chasing a attacker in his 30's last season because he couldn't be bothered really annoyed me

Comment

Working...
        X