No announcement yet.

Eze (& chair)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sustainability is the key word for clubs now. Not chasing the pipedream of promotion. If good, sensible bids come in for any player they will be gone.

Comment

£10m raising to £15m on appearances with 10% sell on will see Eze gone

Comment

Think he needs to prove himself a bit from last season first, but, perhaps by January you could be right. Hope not though and we kick on through the season and see where we are after the January window closes and into the spring. If he continues to improve his over all game, he'd be more saleable at a better price and conditions next summer.

Comment

I actually think as the season goes on, Chair will be getting more headlines than Eze. How great it is though to have two very genuine, young, exciting talents in our team, and even better when you know they have capable goalscorers playing in front of them who will provide the runs and finish off the chances with decent regularity.

Comment

Really hope we can keep them both for this season. If they stay fit in this division of cloggers, we could make the play-offs. It shows how things have changed though, that there is no way we would be able to keep a player these days of the standard of for example,Stan Bowles in his prime. If Bowles was playing now, he'd be gone for 10 mill in January. At his prime, in today's market I think he'd be worth 3 times that. But we'd sell early, regardless of what division we're in. Big boys have too much financial clout.

Comment

We shouldn`t sell any of them this early. They are both two extremly talented players and we are totally dependent on their contribution if we are aiming to progress, or even survive in this division come May.
              Last edited by Shania; 27-08-2019, 12:49 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Well given the superb financial business the club has done over the summer, not only getting rid of dead wood overpaid players, but generating many millions in sales, plus getting a new squad for next to nothing, no doubt on far more realistic wages due to our well publicised financial issues, we must be in a far better state with regards to FFP etc. With that in mind I would expect there's far less pressure on us to accept any old price for players to generate some money as may have been the case in the recent past. We should therefore be able to push back any insultingly low bids and only decide to sell if it's an offer we'd be stupid not to take, rather than accepting a low bid because we really don't have a choice.

Also the ridiculous price bar for championship players has gone through the roof this summer with strikers and even defenders going for £20m+!. That's now the benchmark so if we were to sell one of the hottest young prospects in the Championship to a prem side, it should be for an equally inflated figure, especially as so young because if they were to improve over the next few years in a similar fashion, any prem side who bought them would be commanding £50m if others came knocking.

Comment

been touched on in this thread, but Sheffield Utd and Norwich both sold similar players(inferior to eze Imo) for big money, and then had great promotion winning campaigns after using that money wisely. Hopefully we will use the money we receive will, and it will stand us in good stead for next season. JN

Comment

One (in my view the only) possible benefit of a no-deal Brexit is it will drive up local prices, as clubs presumably clubs won't be able to get work permits easily for unproven non-international young EU players? Real question - has the FA made any statements about what happens to EU players in the UK come 31st October?

Comment

Existing players presumably stay under residency rules. After that, big clubs would probably make a case for lack of suitable high quality players in the home market.

Comment

Fact is unless a player has a long term contract it's to easy for them to ride out the last year or so and then they leave for nothing , so small clubs like us more often than not have to accept low offers rather than get nothing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                          As you may have realised by now I’m 99% an account, but this is a serious post. These two, especially Eze, are so so good and we need to enjoy having them in the squad. Eze is better than chair at the moment but they are both a joy to watch and will go on to big and better things, which will no doubt benefit us significantly financially. If your still criticising either of them, again especially Eze, you need to have a word with yourself, and your motives may need to be checked. Enjoy them while it lasts. JN
                          Looooooool

Comment

Originally posted by QCR View Post
                            One (in my view the only) possible benefit of a no-deal Brexit is it will drive up local prices, as clubs presumably clubs won't be able to get work permits easily for unproven non-international young EU players? Real question - has the FA made any statements about what happens to EU players in the UK come 31st October?
                            No official statements that I am aware of but in the absence of a deal any EU players would likely require a work permit instead of just moving under the current freedom of movement rules. Since the work permit system will be our own, we can possibly put in our own special rules for football transfers and make things pretty easy.
                            The FA and the Home Office have been talking about this for some time but I don't know if they've come up with anything. In any event, I can't see them putting something in place that is likely to harm the reputation of the Premier League as being "the best league in the world".

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              I'm just worried about the fee we'll accept, but you're right, a joy to watch both of them.
                              You won't get a lot for Chair he only signed a years deal think it's his agents at work , Charlie Owens who didn't impress on Wednesday night signed a two year deal with the option at a further year

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                                Well given the superb financial business the club has done over the summer, not only getting rid of dead wood overpaid players, but generating many millions in sales, plus getting a new squad for next to nothing, no doubt on far more realistic wages due to our well publicised financial issues, we must be in a far better state with regards to FFP etc. With that in mind I would expect there's far less pressure on us to accept any old price for players to generate some money as may have been the case in the recent past. We should therefore be able to push back any insultingly low bids and only decide to sell if it's an offer we'd be stupid not to take, rather than accepting a low bid because we really don't have a choice.

Also the ridiculous price bar for championship players has gone through the roof this summer with strikers and even defenders going for £20m+!. That's now the benchmark so if we were to sell one of the hottest young prospects in the Championship to a prem side, it should be for an equally inflated figure, especially as so young because if they were to improve over the next few years in a similar fashion, any prem side who bought them would be commanding £50m if others came knocking.
                                Absolutely spot in!

Comment

Working...
                                X