New Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Squad

I think our season tailed off last season after Xmas because many of the squad knew their contracts weren't going to be extended so went through the motions. With a new squad and more players to come in I think we'll have a great season. We'll miss Freeman, but the two strikers last season hardly set the world alight so cant see is doing any worse.

Being glass half full type, I'm going for 9th spot finish with 67 points. I really cant see us in the relegation battle with the players we now have and about to come in.

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    I think our season tailed off last season after Xmas because many of the squad knew their contracts weren't going to be extended so went through the motions.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that suggests Stevie Mac was not at fault. He couldn't get the performance out of the squad, not because he was incapable, but because the players weren't willing?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that suggests Stevie Mac was not at fault. He couldn't get the performance out of the squad, not because he was incapable, but because the players weren't willing?
      In my opinion - yes

In any form of management you cant motivate people who dont wont to be motivated. Fine margins in pro football and it only takes a few to down tools for it to go t1ts up

Comment

You might be a bit too optimistic sheep with a 9th spot prediction ,that would be a hell of an achievement by Warburton. Bear in mind all the players we have brought in will need time to settle and none of them are world beaters,all free or loans so probably best not to expect wonders.
        I also expect Eze and BFG to be sold before window closes. I predict ,under Warbs and a solid bunch of new players that we will stay up,which ultimately is our aim,and maybe finish around 17th spot.

Comment

Working...
        X