Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MasterCard Season tickets

Got mine today. Seems a bit pointless.

you have to link it to a debit card so it acts as a debit card but then every time you use it you get charged 15p and 0.75% of the transaction value. This then gets refunded in QPR cash. Also a £2.50 fee if you use it to withdraw cash from your own bank account.

Cannot work out why on earth the club have replaced a season season ticket with this?! Would never use it over a debit card

Attached Files

I have absolutely no intention of ever using it for anything other than admision into the ground. Although I guess some deluded fans will use it for transactions believing they are helping the club out.

Comment

I thought it was alright initially, pointless, but no harm. Dunno if I was being thick but I'm pretty sure I didn't see any mention of the transaction charge in the initial promotional stuff a few months back.... That seems to have crept in on the QT during recent days. The transaction charge makes it unappealing unless you are a regular and compulsive shopper of club merch.

Comment

At least yours is there. Good job I'm not doing Watford game with ticket loaded onto new card as I would only have tomorrow's post to go as I'd be away before Saturdays came.
        Box office may be busy Saturday, only need a couple hundred people with same scenario to jam the place

QPR - lastminute. Com

Comment

Am I reading it right that the maximum spend a day using contactless is only £30?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            Am I reading it right that the maximum spend a day using contactless is only £30?
            Don't think so, that looks like 30 is the max number of transactions a day - or 2.5k

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
              why would you want to use the card anyway given the charges it incurs?

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post

Don't think so, that looks like 30 is the max number of transactions a day - or 2.5k
                I thought generally you can only spend up to £30 on each contactless transaction.

Comment

Not sure why I would use a credit card I never asked for or, like a complete and utter security novice, link my bank account to something I've received through the post without asking for.

Will use it for ground entry only because I have to.

To be honest, if the club get some dough from it through their partnership with Mastercard then I can't really see any issue....it's just a season ticket with "upgrades" for idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Not sure why I would use a credit card I never asked for or, like a complete and utter security novice, link my bank account to something I've received through the post without asking for.

Will use it for ground entry only because I have to.

To be honest, if the club get some dough from it through their partnership with Mastercard then I can't really see any issue....it's just a season ticket with "upgrades" for idiots
                    This is precisely why I would not use use it. I can see why the club would promote it as it will bring in some money, but it should not be linked to accounts nor used for transcations - use your bank account debit card instead - it is free to use in the UK.

Comment

what i don't like about it is no one said anything about when i was buying it , in typical box office fashion i got 2 thursday and i'm still waiting for my other one .... to send them all together would be to easy

Comment

Just been on me hold and the card was waiting for me. I'm on an automatic renewal ..is it the case that if you just want to use it as a ST and nothing else then you don't have to do anything save to turn up to the house of fun and swipe? You don't have to register it or anything. Is it good to go?

Does seem odd that a company can give you a bank card without requesting one.

Comment

My sons been sent to my old address so the BO tell me , promised to send it to me by Monday .let's hope someone doesn't try to activate it ... Strange as they sent it here last season .

Comment

Working...
                          X