Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chay Tilt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chay Tilt.

    On the bench last week, released today.

  • #2
    Making room for another kid to step up !! Nice of the club to put him on the bench

    Comment


    • #3
      For me it's a bit worrying. He has in the past been talked up as one of the better prospects. So maybe all these youngsters people are banging on about being given a chance, especially next season are not really that good. I guess we will find out next season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Several of the released youngsters did well for the 23's including Tilt, I guess we just have to trust CR in making these decisions - he knows what he is doing

        Comment


        • #5
          If we can get two players from the U23s into first team squad every season we are doing fantastically well. One a season would be more than acceptable to supplement free signings and loans. I think this season will see five come through that have been in the squad for a number of seasons now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Never played in the first team has he, plus he's a winger and we've got about 400 of them.

            There was a midfielder on the bench last week, Nathan Carlyle. Decent prospect from Millwall. He's not on his way out is he?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              If we can get two players from the U23s into first team squad every season we are doing fantastically well. One a season would be more than acceptable to supplement free signings and loans. I think this season will see five come through that have been in the squad for a number of seasons now.
              Gotta agree. Would represent great progress given how poor we have been in bringing people through over last 20 years or so.

              Chair and Smyth seem to have done well on loan. Lumley and Eze featured a lot this season. Furlong came through ranks. Manning in and around first team. Maybe couple of others could come through next season. Can see why CR won that award a while back. Not all doom and gloom if we can block out the actual football!

              Comment


              • #8
                We should adopt the Ajax train of thought - anyone who is good enough is old enough. Would much rather see Oteh up top than Wells or Hemed.

                A 19 year old CB captain of the biggest club in his Country ?! Even Tony Adams didn't make Captain until he was 21. Phenomenal work at Ajax.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  We should adopt the Ajax train of thought - anyone who is good enough is old enough. Would much rather see Oteh up top than Wells or Hemed.

                  A 19 year old CB captain of the biggest club in his Country ?! Even Tony Adams didn't make Captain until he was 21. Phenomenal work at Ajax.
                  Oteh will hopefully do well but has not done too much on loan yet. Too early for him to be a regular whereas Wells and Hemed seasoned pros at this level.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    now tilt has been let go , will the team have more of a balance about it.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      We should adopt the Ajax train of thought - anyone who is good enough is old enough. Would much rather see Oteh up top than Wells or Hemed.

                      A 19 year old CB captain of the biggest club in his Country ?! Even Tony Adams didn't make Captain until he was 21. Phenomenal work at Ajax.
                      De ligt alone is Better than the 10 best championship defenders combined , and is in a much weaker leauge than the championship. Uncomparebale and stupid point . JN

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

                        De ligt alone is Better than the 10 best championship defenders combined , and is in a much weaker leauge than the championship. Uncomparebale and stupid point . JN
                        Adams and De Ligt both academy products captaining the biggest clubs in their respective countries at a very early age.

                        Yeah...totally incomparable and really unimpressive.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X