Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squad for next year - first 11??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Squad for next year - first 11??

    Do we actually have a core of players who can perform at this level whether they are first 11 or squad players. We could be left with something like the below -

    Lumley

    Rangel furlong leinster/Cameron bidwell

    luongo cameron/Manning

    Smyth Eze BOS

    Smith


    I think if we can afford to retain or sign the likes of Rangel and Cameron that would be a plus for the squad and the experience they can offer to the youngsters.

    I like Manning and he could easily be fitted into the first 11. I also wouldnt be surprised if Leinster is sold. Im interested to know how some of you who go each week feel whether Cameron could be the option at CB?

    I really hope the lad Smyth gets a chance next season. Hes direct, has a low centre of gravity and has a goal in his locker. Him and BOS could terrify defences on their day and Eze for all the stick hes got on here is a quality player. He just needs managing correctly and maybe shouldnt be a regular throughout the season but playing the odd selected game ect.

    In the background we have the likes of Chiar who has been very impressive at Stevenage and Shopido who can contribute as well.

    The likes of Lynch, Cousins, Wells, Freeman and Wsolev need to be sold or released to start clearing the wage bill - Leinster and Luongo could potentially be part of the cull as well if acceptable bids come on!

    Where does the rebuild begin?

    We need a quality striker and if we can generate a bit of cash then I hope we are scouting a host of different options. I have heard Hemed has looked a lot more lively since his reimduction to the first 11. Would people take him on a free and decent wages? Is he better than Smith as we need squad as well as thinking about the first 11!

    I think the full back positions needs looking at, arguably another CB or two depending who is sold or released , a creative midfielder to replace freeman and maybe a more senior winger.

    I would also keep Hall on a low contract with performance related bonuses. There is a good player in there and Id hate to see us release him and he gets over his injury troubles and goes on to play at the level hes capable off. Scowen is also a useful player to have around.

    It will be a busy summer and our managerial appointment is going to have to be key. That said with some savvy signings and the ability to get the best out of our youth then we might find ourselves ok.

  • #2
    Don't think any of the out of contract or loanee players will be kept as they tend to be the higher earners. We will have the youngsters plus a few freebies who will be cheaper. Other than the end of the parachute payments we are still losing over 5m a year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Rumours that Budwell is too expensive and Leisner want to go back to the fatherland. Rangel not reliable as hes too old and likely to pick up more injuries. I would like to keep Cameron if his wages can be offset against money from player sales, but wouldnt hold my breath.

      We'll be shopping in the bargain bucket next season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Rumours that Budwell is too expensive and Leisner want to go back to the fatherland. Rangel not reliable as hes too old and likely to pick up more injuries. I would like to keep Cameron if his wages can be offset against money from player sales, but wouldnt hold my breath.

        We'll be shopping in the bargain bucket next season.
        Ha ha, next season??? We have been for the past 3 or 4 haven't we?

        Oh and FAO of the OP........Bidwell? Bloody Bidwell? Why? In the words of Carry on...'he'll have to go'!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Do we actually have a core of players who can perform at this level whether they are first 11 or squad players. We could be left with something like the below -

          Lumley

          Rangel furlong leinster/Cameron bidwell

          luongo cameron/Manning

          Smyth Eze BOS

          Smith


          I think if we can afford to retain or sign the likes of Rangel and Cameron that would be a plus for the squad and the experience they can offer to the youngsters.

          I like Manning and he could easily be fitted into the first 11. I also wouldnt be surprised if Leinster is sold. Im interested to know how some of you who go each week feel whether Cameron could be the option at CB?

          I really hope the lad Smyth gets a chance next season. Hes direct, has a low centre of gravity and has a goal in his locker. Him and BOS could terrify defences on their day and Eze for all the stick hes got on here is a quality player. He just needs managing correctly and maybe shouldnt be a regular throughout the season but playing the odd selected game ect.

          In the background we have the likes of Chiar who has been very impressive at Stevenage and Shopido who can contribute as well.

          The likes of Lynch, Cousins, Wells, Freeman and Wsolev need to be sold or released to start clearing the wage bill - Leinster and Luongo could potentially be part of the cull as well if acceptable bids come on!

          Where does the rebuild begin?

          We need a quality striker and if we can generate a bit of cash then I hope we are scouting a host of different options. I have heard Hemed has looked a lot more lively since his reimduction to the first 11. Would people take him on a free and decent wages? Is he better than Smith as we need squad as well as thinking about the first 11!

          I think the full back positions needs looking at, arguably another CB or two depending who is sold or released , a creative midfielder to replace freeman and maybe a more senior winger.

          I would also keep Hall on a low contract with performance related bonuses. There is a good player in there and Id hate to see us release him and he gets over his injury troubles and goes on to play at the level hes capable off. Scowen is also a useful player to have around.

          It will be a busy summer and our managerial appointment is going to have to be key. That said with some savvy signings and the ability to get the best out of our youth then we might find ourselves ok.
          You left out chair!!

          Comment


          • #6
            a good clearout is desperately needed, get some winners in the squad, this lot have a losing mentality and don't seem that bothered either
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

            Comment


            • #7
              Keep: Lumley, Furlong, Leistner, Scowen, Chair, Eze, Shodipo, Manning, Smyth, BOS, Oteh, Smith

              Possibly keep: Rangel, Cameron

              Sell: Luongo, Freeman

              Get rid of: The rest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

                You left out chair!!
                No I mentioned Chair in my ramblings above - done fantastic at Stevenage and I hope to see him at least given a chance and being part of the squad and potentially match day 11.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The club have said that they have planned for players coming in. IMO, we need at least 5-7 new faces.

                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Do we actually have a core of players who can perform at this level whether they are first 11 or squad players. We could be left with something like the below -

                    Lumley

                    Rangel furlong leinster/Cameron bidwell

                    luongo cameron/Manning

                    Smyth Eze BOS

                    Smith


                    I think if we can afford to retain or sign the likes of Rangel and Cameron that would be a plus for the squad and the experience they can offer to the youngsters.

                    I like Manning and he could easily be fitted into the first 11. I also wouldnt be surprised if Leinster is sold. Im interested to know how some of you who go each week feel whether Cameron could be the option at CB?

                    I really hope the lad Smyth gets a chance next season. Hes direct, has a low centre of gravity and has a goal in his locker. Him and BOS could terrify defences on their day and Eze for all the stick hes got on here is a quality player. He just needs managing correctly and maybe shouldnt be a regular throughout the season but playing the odd selected game ect.

                    In the background we have the likes of Chiar who has been very impressive at Stevenage and Shopido who can contribute as well.

                    The likes of Lynch, Cousins, Wells, Freeman and Wsolev need to be sold or released to start clearing the wage bill - Leinster and Luongo could potentially be part of the cull as well if acceptable bids come on!

                    Where does the rebuild begin?

                    We need a quality striker and if we can generate a bit of cash then I hope we are scouting a host of different options. I have heard Hemed has looked a lot more lively since his reimduction to the first 11. Would people take him on a free and decent wages? Is he better than Smith as we need squad as well as thinking about the first 11!

                    I think the full back positions needs looking at, arguably another CB or two depending who is sold or released , a creative midfielder to replace freeman and maybe a more senior winger.

                    I would also keep Hall on a low contract with performance related bonuses. There is a good player in there and Id hate to see us release him and he gets over his injury troubles and goes on to play at the level hes capable off. Scowen is also a useful player to have around.

                    It will be a busy summer and our managerial appointment is going to have to be key. That said with some savvy signings and the ability to get the best out of our youth then we might find ourselves ok.
                    If that's our 1st 11 for next season then God love us ,I'm fully convinced it wont be

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      If that's our 1st 11 for next season then God love us ,I'm fully convinced it wont be
                      Have to agree. Doubt that lot would be that good in League 1. Think we will see a lot out and fair few in over the summer. Not a clue how team will look.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ------------------------Lumley-----------------------

                        Kakay------Furlong--------Hall------Manning

                        Bos----------Smyth----------Chair------Shodipo

                        ------------Walker-----------Oteh------------

                        That's our lot !!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          ------------------------Lumley-----------------------

                          Kakay------Furlong--------Hall------Manning

                          Bos----------Smyth----------Chair------Shodipo

                          ------------Walker-----------Oteh------------

                          That's our lot !!
                          Nice one LRL. Its a lawn of midgets allright, but they're R midgets.
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ages away, no point thinking about it now....enjoy the summer !

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X