No announcement yet.

Smith and Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night wasn't just about Wells / Smith upfront of coarse they did what was asked of them but it also has to be noted we had the best available M/F trio in Freeman Scowens and Luongo for the first time in what two months ? Don't know about anybody else but I thought we had a far more creative game than I've seen for most of last 5/6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Last night wasn't just about Wells / Smith upfront of coarse they did what was asked of them but it also has to be noted we had the best available M/F trio in Freeman Scowens and Luongo for the first time in what two months ? Don't know about anybody else but I thought we had a far more creative game than I've seen for most of last 5/6 weeks
      Playing two uptop at home helps aswell as the midfield dogs, but lets be honest pompey were pants when we played them at theres, got hardly any threat uptop, but still great to get through to the next round and get a buzz from the fa cup again, feels like the ladt time felt like that was back in the 80s
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Of course two up is the way , I've said for years now a good M/F makes forwards , a poor M/F ruins forwards

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Don't know about anybody else but I thought we had a far more creative game than I've seen for most of last 5/6 weeks
          Certainly did second half. First half they were far too deep, allowing a poor team to get into the game.

Comment

Our best midfield trio is luongo, freemand and cameron not scowen.

Comment

latest?cb=20130320173053&path-prefix=it.jpg
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Our best midfield trio is luongo, freemand and cameron not scowen.
                Read it then think I said our best available M/F trio , unless it's escaped your notice Cameron is unavailable due to injurie

Comment

now hemed is fit he may revert to him and bring on smith for his height towards the end of games

Comment

Hemed and Wells or Wells and Smith up front two all day long
                    Eze does not deserve a place at present you cannot pick a player on reputation alone.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Hemed and Wells or Wells and Smith up front two all day long
                      Eze does not deserve a place at present you cannot pick a player on reputation alone.
                      Completely agree, was brought on football having striker partnerships and wingers back in the day, for all our midfielders we've been playing theres been a lack of goals and agree eze definately needs putting the bebch for a spell, his work rates been poor and hes hardly done anything in games recently.

Comment

Pinks playing devils advocate you keep banging on about playing kids and challenging those about loans now you advocating dropping the one who has secured first team place; is that correct?

Comment

As ive said quite a few times, if i had my way i wouldnt of had any loans and stuck to bringing on our own players, and before the transfer embargo id of brought in free out of contract players if had to be for a few experienced players like rangel , but havnt we signed him up on a 6 month contract (or that might be a loan not too sure) but yes id of been playing our players and not loaning our first team fringe youngsters, but seems as thats not going to hapen i was stating id have two strikers at all home matches, which i stated id have wells and smith, really do not see the point if having any loans without a chance or view to signkng them as we'll be back to the same position start of next season with no experience uptop again. If your youngsters are good enough play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            As ive said quite a few times, if i had my way i wouldnt of had any loans and stuck to bringing on our own players, and before the transfer embargo id of brought in free out of contract players if had to be for a few experienced players like rangel , but havnt we signed him up on a 6 month contract (or that might be a loan not too sure) but yes id of been playing our players and not loaning our first team fringe youngsters, but seems as thats not going to hapen i was stating id have two strikers at all home matches, which i stated id have wells and smith, really do not see the point if having any loans without a chance or view to signkng them as we'll be back to the same position start of next season with no experience uptop again. If your youngsters are good enough play them.
                            Yes, I think you may have mentioned it a couple of times.

Comment

But for clarity your advocating dropping one of our kids and potentially replacing with one of our loans?? Only ask as this goes totally against everything you have been pushing about playing kids. Perhaps Eze should be allowed to play his way out of this tough spell??

i personally think Eze needs kick up #### and said that from first game at Preston and got slammed by majority of posters. Good player in there just needs to find the desire

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                But for clarity your advocating dropping one of our kids and potentially replacing with one of our loans?? Only ask as this goes totally against everything you have been pushing about playing kids. Perhaps Eze should be allowed to play his way out of this tough spell??

i personally think Eze needs kick up #### and said that from first game at Preston and got slammed by majority of posters. Good player in there just needs to find the desire
                                Clarity?? ive just explained i wouldnt have any loans if it was upto me, what part of that do you not understand westy? id have smyth chair oteh in but cant as obviously theyve been sent out on loan, so would be a bit stupid putting in the boot cleaning youth striker lol, unless we have another youth striker thats ready that ive not heard of?

Comment

Working...
                                X