No announcement yet.

And another goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many have we sent out on loan 8 just a thought how many will be here next season , think will be a few that don't

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      How many have we sent out on loan 8 just a thought how many will be here next season , think will be a few that don't
      Baptiste won't be back, he's out of contract. I suspect we'll be looking to offload Goss and Wheeler in the summer too. I think the rest that went out are in the managers plans though.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Oteh and Chair have provided cover in recent weeks and could be needed in weeks to come.

Hemed is still injured and Smith provides no mobility so that is particularly baffling.
        Chair provides some creativity and as we saw in recent games that without Luongo the midfield is not creating chances, so it would have been useful to be able to give Chair some more game time at this level as an alternative.
        Exactly cover Stanis. How many minutes have they played combined between them since turn of the year in the league?? Think that will tell us what we need to know

for record I’m big fan of both these guys and think they have big big futures with us but if there not going to get proper pitch time with us rest of season, I’m not talking five mins at the end of each game like they get now, let them play some proper mans football and cut their teeth in the big bad lower leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Baptiste won't be back, he's out of contract. I suspect we'll be looking to offload Goss and Wheeler in the summer too. I think the rest that went out are in the managers plans though.
          Wouldn't get on that mucker !! We the fans have habit of over rating our young untried players I'm surprised Manning never went back out with Luongo back and Cameron due to return agree on the 3 you mention

Comment

Watched that Barnet game the other day and they have some good players. If loaning ours out gets them to Barnets level then we will be in for a treat next season.
            I dont think the club wants promotion this term hence getting our lads game time elsewhere.

Comment

I always thought the telling point would come after the absence of the January window with other able to strengthen to try to achieve positions

Comment

A good window.
                Four fringe players out the door and even by only contributing to their wages we have surely saved £10k a week. Three of them will also get league games that will help us next year.

Comment

Some interesting perspectives on the window here.
                  It would appear we are trying to save some money whilst also getting the youngsters some regular game time in the lower divisions. The ones who have gone out on loan are either ones who we have extended contracts on and are hopefully going to regularly start for the loan team or ones on their way out whose wages we are covering.
                  Given the FFP restraints a good window in my opinion.

Comment

Wouldn't get on that mucker !! We the fans have habit of over rating our young untried players I'm surprised Manning never went back out with Luongo back and Cameron due to return agree on the 3 you mention
                    But Oteh, Smyth and Chair have all just signed long term contracts. Given we haven't got a pot to p*ss in, why would we hand out long term deals to players that aren't in the managers plans?

Comment

I feel we genuinely have got some good youngsters now though.
                      It's the first time I have thought it for many years.

Comment

Can't see the fuss about loaning players out to get game time in proper leagues. Can always recall them if we really need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Can't see the fuss about loaning players out to get game time in proper leagues. Can always recall them if we really need them.
                          I agree. Far better for them to be playing men's football in professional competitive leagues where players are playing to pay their mortgages, than behind-closed-doors non-competitive U23 games. You only have to listen to recent interviews with the likes of Lumley and Furlong to know that's the case, as they say the exact same thing. Furthermore it's what they always advise the other younger players to help their careers along.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

But Oteh, Smyth and Chair have all just signed long term contracts. Given we haven't got a pot to p*ss in, why would we hand out long term deals to players that aren't in the managers plans?
                            I don't think all those gone out on loan won't be back , but actually I think it's 9 that have gone one way or another , but there's no guarantee that Oteh Chair or Smythe will reach expectations as Manning failed to do at Rotherham and wheeler at Pompey , I certainly see Smythe and Oteh as good prospects , chair I can't say I've noticed that much of the little I've seen , Smythe who impressed me" obviousely S Mc sees something he doesn't like attitude or or part of his game , quite right those 3 signed new contracts a good move because if any one of them fail to meet requirements at the end of their loan any of them will be good enough to command a fee

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              I'm not sure that's the case mate. I don't think you can recall a player outside of the transfer window and then select them. The squad we have today is what we will have for the season I think.

Comment

Did we not recall furlong last year outside of window?

Comment

Working...
                                X