The real truth about the Rangers Team and Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Awful record or not towards the end of his stint he was starting to do well, and as for the kids and alans comment about eze, had pointed last season around feb time ollie stating he was going to build the teamaround eze, been here before but ill get that link again as proof, so kind of debunks about alans comment about eze & bakes for not being ollies idea about using the youngsters.
    Am I allowed to comment or will that upset you? Youngster singular, not plural. Tell Chair, Oteh, Furlong, Smyth and - not exactly an untried youngster - BOS about youngsters getting a fair chance. As for Furlong the policy was a. b. F for most of the season. Holloway destroyed Shodipo's confidence and, again not youth, same can be said for Doughty, Wszolek and Wheeler.....remember him? As for Eze the tactical genius played him on the wing ffs. Build a team? Holloway couldn't build a team if Lego made a QPR edition. I saw most of the games he played for us, terrific spirit, never say die, played well above his ability, but I also remember bricking it at Hillsborough when we should have had our feet up. He nearly blew that year and too much of his daft approach to management remained last season. Yes we stayed up but so many were saying that the squad was capable of far more given the standard of some of the opposition players we were watching. I stand fully behind my posts last year when I said Holloway can't coach youngsters. The difference this season is there for all to see. Players have jobs in their positions and there is structure. We're not a rabble any more, on the pitch or on the bench. You may not like it but this is a world away from Ian History and it's just brilliant to be amongst Rs fans again.

Comment

To be fair, at this very point 'especially' last 3 matches you could argue that SMC has done an incredible job.

That team played last 3 games was the same and if not worse on paper defensively than last season. Ultimately he's brought a little more stability.

That said, I agree with original poster that it's been a building job over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Am I allowed to comment or will that upset you? Youngster singular, not plural. Tell Chair, Oteh, Furlong, Smyth and - not exactly an untried youngster - BOS about youngsters getting a fair chance. As for Furlong the policy was a. b. F for most of the season. Holloway destroyed Shodipo's confidence and, again not youth, same can be said for Doughty, Wszolek and Wheeler.....remember him? As for Eze the tactical genius played him on the wing ffs. Build a team? Holloway couldn't build a team if Lego made a QPR edition. I saw most of the games he played for us, terrific spirit, never say die, played well above his ability, but I also remember bricking it at Hillsborough when we should have had our feet up. He nearly blew that year and too much of his daft approach to management remained last season. Yes we stayed up but so many were saying that the squad was capable of far more given the standard of some of the opposition players we were watching. I stand fully behind my posts last year when I said Holloway can't coach youngsters. The difference this season is there for all to see. Players have jobs in their positions and there is structure. We're not a rabble any more, on the pitch or on the bench. You may not like it but this is a world away from Ian History and it's just brilliant to be amongst Rs fans again.
        Alan i think its you thats getting yourself in a tizzy just because you dont agree with a few posters who are also allowed their opinions too! and my comment above angling towards youre comment, was obviously about where you had said about if ollie was in charge still eze wouldnt of got many games! What proof do you have that ollie cant coach the youngsters??! out of interest cos to me youre just plucking that and any other negative rubbish about him just out of disliking him, like the hardcore 10 or so of you on here who shout down anybody who has anything good to say about him, its like oh no he said something good about ollie, lets mob attack the thread & then come out with youre bored of hearing it, yet everyone has to hear everyone of the hardcore 10 keyboard firm every other post a day

Anyway my point to you was regarding eze, not about the rest of the youth as my other comments were aimed at bakes comments.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Woz is playing out his skin on the wing, Ollie played him RB that tells me everything I need to know. Things are better now under Macca and I would say it justifies everyone’s views who said get shot of him and who said he should never have returned.

We wasted time under JFH and treaded water under Ollie we never progressed under either. We are now seeing progression and improvement and long may it continue

above wont be to everyones taste or viewpoint but it’s the truth. We have accepted mediocrity far to long as fans from managers to players time to raise our expectations

Comment

The difference in the coaching of the players is there to see and who do you think Eze and the rest of the younger players will learn more from, A coach who helped the development of the class of 92 and England or Holloway and Bircham? Clear for all to see that we now have a style of play and show intelligence in matches. Huge difference to what we have seen for the past 3 seasons.

Comment

Alan i think its you thats getting yourself in a tizzy just because you dont agree with a few posters who are also allowed their opinions too! and my comment above angling towards youre comment, was obviously about where you had said about if ollie was in charge still eze wouldnt of got many games! What proof do you have that ollie cant coach the youngsters??! out of interest cos to me youre just plucking that and any other negative rubbish about him just out of disliking him, like the hardcore 10 or so of you on here who shout down anybody who has anything good to say about him, its like oh no he said something good about ollie, lets mob attack the thread & then come out with youre bored of hearing it, yet everyone has to hear everyone of the hardcore 10 keyboard firm every other post a day

Anyway my point to you was regarding eze, not about the rest of the youth as my other comments were aimed at bakes comments.
              If you could leave the personal assessments out of it as you haven't got a f****** clue about me - or one or two others as it happens. Eze.........he wouldn't be in the team under History because he doesn't do enough off the ball for his way of playing. He doesn't run up the hill. History would have no idea how to incorporate a player like Eze, like Warnock did with Derry alongside Adel. The game has moved on from having a team of up and at them lads as Burnley are now finding out. History would have seen Eze in and out of the side. There is no way he'd have played him at Leeds or Forest for a start. As for being allowed opinions, you should read how you respond to people who have one that differs from yours. You are a joke mate. Now I'll go back to ignoring you - please do the same to me.

Comment

People also get fed up of youre view of things aswell, so a 2 sided coin alan!

Sorry this was wrote in jan 2nd 2017 and build the attack around eze not team

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/foot...build-14102223
                Errr pinkie mate, where in that article is a quote from Holloway about building a team around Eze, it’s the journalists conjecture from a few quotes about not letting Eze go back to Wycombe. It really isn’t what you think.

Comment

Won 26 Lost 44. How this is anything but a disaster then I don't know what is.

Ollie had Smithies, Onuoha and Robinson to call on and still couldn't get results.

SMC different level to IH. Anyone who thinks anything different is deluded.

Comment

If you could leave the personal assessments out of it as you haven't got a f****** clue about me - or one or two others as it happens. Eze.........he wouldn't be in the team under History because he doesn't do enough off the ball for his way of playing. He doesn't run up the hill. History would have no idea how to incorporate a player like Eze, like Warnock did with Derry alongside Adel. The game has moved on from having a team of up and at them lads as Burnley are now finding out. History would have seen Eze in and out of the side. There is no way he'd have played him at Leeds or Forest for a start. As for being allowed opinions, you should read how you respond to people who have one that differs from yours. You are a joke mate. Now I'll go back to ignoring you - please do the same to me.
                    Lol as i said getting yourself in a tizzy, im only talking about eze and how he would of played more under ollie had he still been here, i agree with you he doesnt work hard enough, and to me needs to get abit of grit between his teeth, as for youre personal insults, water off a ducks back alan, you need to calm down abit, if you dont like a thread as you say you are bored of it then dont post.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Won 26 Lost 44. How this is anything but a disaster then I don't know what is.

Ollie had Smithies, Onuoha and Robinson to call on and still couldn't get results.

SMC different level to IH. Anyone who thinks anything different is deluded.
                      Youre opinion bakes, to me ill say what i always said, it was a case of building us again as a whole and confidence was shot, ollie did exactly that and blooding promising youngsters, he wether you like it or not set the foundations in place which thankfully now steves took us further on, still would like to see him using smyth as think we`re wasting a talent there before he ends up going to someone else, but anyway its all about opinions, but the hardcore 10 or so just jump on anything you dont agree with, hence silencing new comers or anyone with a different view, its not youre board remember that, its everyones

Comment

Awful record or not towards the end of his stint he was starting to do well, and as for the kids and alans comment about eze, had pointed last season around feb time ollie stating he was going to build the teamaround eze, been here before but ill get that link again as proof, so kind of debunks about alans comment about eze & bakes for not being ollies idea about using the youngsters.
                        You say towards the end of his stint? Would that happen to coincide with him being spoken to about his ridiculous formation and Ramsey being far more prominent on match days? Also coincided with youngsters starting to be given more game time making a nonsense of Ollie somehow being the king of developing youth. As someone else has said it was obvious the decision to get rid of Ollie had been made but they didn't want a mid-season sacking hence telling him to drop his formation and integrate youngsters.

The idiot almost got us relegated from a position of safety, those awful losing runs, 11 months without an away win. How bad does he have to be? If anything the stats mask just how bad he was second time around. Nobody else would have employed him at this level and the only way he would get a job at Championship level again is if you won the lottery and bought a club! He is probably looking lower League One or League 2 which says it all as to his suitability these days for the modern game. He is a dog who has had his day. Great character but awful appointment. Thank God we got away so lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

You say towards the end of his stint? Would that happen to coincide with him being spoken to about his ridiculous formation and Ramsey being far more prominent on match days? Also coincided with youngsters starting to be given more game time making a nonsense of Ollie somehow being the king of developing youth. As someone else has said it was obvious the decision to get rid of Ollie had been made but they didn't want a mid-season sacking hence telling him to drop his formation and integrate youngsters.

The idiot almost got us relegated from a position of safety, those awful losing runs, 11 months without an away win. How bad does he have to be? If anything the stats mask just how bad he was second time around. Nobody else would have employed him at this level and the only way he would get a job at Championship level again is if you won the lottery and bought a club! He is probably looking lower League One or League 2 which says it all as to his suitability these days for the modern game. He is a dog who has had his day. Great character but awful appointment. Thank God we got away so lightly.
                          Yes awful just awful appointment, if so we wouldnt of had the foundations in place, opinions

Comment

Lol as i said getting yourself in a tizzy, im only talking about eze and how he would of played more under ollie had he still been here, i agree with you he doesnt work hard enough, and to me needs to get abit of grit between his teeth, as for youre personal insults, water off a ducks back alan, you need to calm down abit, if you dont like a thread as you say you are bored of it then dont post.
                            I did ask you to ignore me so what's this? Last tap? Child. Why have you always ducked the offer of a beer and free ticket by the way? Arrogant on a message board.......

Comment

I did ask you to ignore me so what's this? Last tap? Child. Why have you always ducked the offer of a beer and free ticket by the way? Arrogant on a message board.......
                              Alan try to calm down, i thought you wasnt in a tizzy! arrogant! you dont even know me so carry on

Comment

And whos ducked what btw? before when me and westy used to get on westy had very kindly offered me a ticket on a few occassions ofwhich i was very grateful of him even considering me, & thanked him at the time cos of thought was a very nice gesture, but im about over 100 miles away & had alot on at the time with losing my mother etc, so i couldnt make any games at the time as im sure you would appreciate, but had thanked westy for the offer as was very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X