Furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furlong

just read on another forum (I know I know I read other forums - sorry)

Furlong won 17 headers yesterday, next highest was Leistner with 5.

Thats because for some strange reason, Ipswich targeted that side when attacking, despite them not having much change. Also one assumes that included the time Joe Lumley used him as the out ball from some of the goal kicks. Either way, I thought Furlong was pretty accomplished yesterday.

Comment

I'm hugely impressed with Furlong's progress and development, particularly his calmness and awareness of what's going on around him. His positional sense and reading of the game are unrecognisable from the young lad I saw make his full debut against Hull a few years back. Well done to him and the coaching staff!

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
        Thats because for some strange reason, Ipswich targeted that side when attacking, despite them not having much change. Also one assumes that included the time Joe Lumley used him as the out ball from some of the goal kicks. Either way, I thought Furlong was pretty accomplished yesterday.

This.

I've not been a fan of Furlong up til this season.
        Thought he was lightweight, caught out of position way too easily and poor defensively.
        But what a huge difference this year.
        Whether that's down to Schteve or the coaches I don't know but looks like he's turning into a decent player for us at this level.

Well done to all involved, especially Furlong himself.

Comment

He has won me over.

Comment

Yep. Could turn out to be one of our
            star performers

Comment

I don’t rate Furlong personally but his technique of jumping to win a header is quite unusual but it works

I don’t really understand what people see in Furlong. He’s our weak link, he can’t clear a ball, he panics,he’s always out of position & leaves his other defenders to cover him, leaving them to be out of position also, he’s quite rubbish but people seem to really rate him

I get the feeling people may call me names for saying this but it’s my opinion & im not posting for a reaction, he is w@ank I think
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                I don’t rate Furlong personally but his technique of jumping to win a header is quite unusual but it works

I don’t really understand what people see in Furlong. He’s our weak link, he can’t clear a ball, he panics,he’s always out of position & leaves his other defenders to cover him, leaving them to be out of position also, he’s quite rubbish but people seem to really rate him

I get the feeling people may call me names for saying this but it’s my opinion & im not posting for a reaction, he is w@ank I think
                Guess you weren't there yesterday then? He was superb.

Comment

Good little player Furlong. Reads the game very well, and he always looks so composed. Personally I think his future is at Centre Half rather than Right Back.

Comment

Furlong has been fab player since his debut and I struggle to see why he gets stick. Superb player for us

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Guess you weren't there yesterday then? He was superb.
                      To be fair, he did okay yesterday against bottom of the league who targeted him
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Good little player Furlong. Reads the game very well, and he always looks so composed. Personally I think his future is at Centre Half rather than Right Back.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Furlong has been fab player since his debut and I struggle to see why he gets stick. Superb player for us
                          Yep. No idea why he gets stick. Good outlet going forward and has improved his positional sense massively. Bizarre. Gotta have someone to stick the knives into though I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            This. Doesn't look like he's been out for so long, has obviously benefitted from SMC and, no doubt, Rangel being at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              This. He's always been a good young prospect and imo has turned into a very accomplished defender.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2