Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macca post match interview

https://twitter.com/qpr/status/1055940942652456962?s=21

How refreshing to hear. Someone compared him the other day to Mark Hughes but there nothing alike.

So calm, thoughtful and eloquent in what he says. Really starting to believe in him

And some wanted him sacked after 4 games

Comment

He's not an easy bloke to like and my feelings for him were Luke Freeman warm to begin with, but now I'm Nahki Wells chuffed he's our manager.

Comment

I’ve never got vibe not to warm to him personally Hubs. He seems genuine from day 1, not the most extrovert person but seems nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          And some wanted him sacked after 4 games
          Four of them were the same bloke

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

That's right Al there never was a big cry for outing him most of what I read was support tho there was crumblings about the football , and not one of us expected to be where we are , we all thought he was here to keep us up

Comment

Would still take comfortable finish now if offered. But it’s very average league any sort of consistency sees you challenging

Comment

To be fair, and serious, I think there were concerns that he hadn't changed anything from Holloway and he took maybe a game or two too long to make his mark - I remember comments about 'what is pre-season for?' but he's on a roll now and they are definitely playing for him. Long way to go but we couldn't be doing any better at the moment.

Comment

When I took kids open day you could tell players were enjoying themselves under him he was very hands on

Comment

Let's not all pretend he is a brilliant manager because he definitely is not. Yes he's had a little bit of success in a poor dutch division but the majority of his success was being Sir Alex's assistant. Yes you would hope he has learnt something from the great man but for me it's all been about recruitment which I'd imagine he could take some credit for. The bfg, wells, rangel and hemed have all made a huge difference and not having a mistake a game in Ned is making us looking pretty organized in defence. I don't think we will make the playoffs but it is amazing what confidence can do, as we beat a decent villa side who will be up there I'd imagine come the end of the season. I would love a playoff push but yesterday was just a good workman like performance. We will need to show more quality to stay up here.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Let's not all pretend he is a brilliant manager because he definitely is not. Yes he's had a little bit of success in a poor dutch division but the majority of his success was being Sir Alex's assistant. Yes you would hope he has learnt something from the great man but for me it's all been about recruitment which I'd imagine he could take some credit for. The bfg, wells, rangel and hemed have all made a huge difference and not having a mistake a game in Ned is making us looking pretty organized in defence. I don't think we will make the playoffs but it is amazing what confidence can do, as we beat a decent villa side who will be up there I'd imagine come the end of the season. I would love a playoff push but yesterday was just a good workman like performance. We will need to show more quality to stay up here.
                        The FA clearly thought he was a top Manager to give him the England job. Probably the biggest job in world football.
                        Took Middlesborough to the last 16 then to the final of the UEFA Cup, have a look at how many times that club has done that in their history, as well as making Boro a sound top half Premier League team....
                        Runners up and then winners of the Eredivisie with small unfashionable Twente (You say poor dutch league but I see no PSV or Ajax in the Championship) Have a look at how much success Twente have had in their history.

If you're gonna talk $hite mate, at least do your research.

Comment

Also managed to get Derby to a play off final but we all know what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            Also managed to get Derby to a play off final but we all know what happened there.
                            Also won Boro the League Cup. But like weare said, not much of a Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              McLaren managed England and did very well as manager in the Premiership.
                              but also, last time I checked we were a Championship club. And based on the performance of Holloway and others.....not a very good one at that!!

Mclaren’s record as manager in the Championship is a win rate of 49% and points per game of 1.7. That’s an excellent record.

Hes just what we need and proving quite a few people wrong.

we lost Smithies, Ned, Robinson and Perch and Furlong to injury. That’s a massive hit to our defence. Yet McLaren has not only through recruitment but also (and take note Holloway’s and Redknapp fans) on the training pitch too. You don’t defend like we did last night without a good lot of work on the training ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X