A couple of Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    I see youve used his wikipedia site for that 32.5% (80 games)

on football stats site 77 games with just over 40%!

www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/ian-holloway/

also macs has bumped to 32.5% only cos of our cup games wins making it look a tiny bit better
    Which one is right?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Which one is right?
      The figures seem wrong on the wikipedia one as theres quite a few more defeats on it but will need to have a look
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Think wiki is right

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ian-...er/1524/plus/1

Comment

Think this suggests we've had two consecutive rubbish managers

(Along with all the rest)

Comment

Completely agree. Squad ain’t the best either. Happy days!

Comment

Disagree, in my opinion we had a direction we started going end of last season to this season relying on 4 loaned players and youngsters gone backwards

Comment

Nothing better to do so checked out the stats for myself.

Holloway was in charge for 80 games with the following stats

W 26
                D 14
                L 40

W % 32.5
                D % 17.5
                L % 50.0

Goals for per game 1.2
                Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 11 = 13.7%

Steve Mc was in charge for 46 games with the following stats

W 16
                D 9
                L 21

W % 34.7
                D % 19.5
                L % 45.6

Goals for per game 1.2
                Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 14 = 30.4%

So quite clearly Steve had better or the same stats in every department.
                Interestingly a much better clean sheet tally with a far inferior keeper.

Taking into account the incredibly poor run of recent results under Steve.
                The stats show that he still provided a higher win and draw percentage overall than Olly did.

So Pinkie and the very few other Olly die hards please, please, please, don't let a few cold hard facts get in the way of your inane, biased, pathetically ridiculous crusade to try and convince the rest of us that Olly was in fact doing anything other than a crap job which he was deservedly released from.

I'm sure you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

W 26
                  D 14
                  L 40

W % 32.5
                  D % 17.5
                  L % 50.0

Goals for per game 1.2
                  Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 11 = 13.7%

W 16
                  D 9
                  L 21

W % 34.7
                  D % 19.5
                  L % 45.6

Goals for per game 1.2
                  Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 14 = 30.4%

The stats show that he still provided a higher win and draw percentage overall than Olly did.

So Pinkie and the very few other Olly die hards please, please, please, don't let a few cold hard facts get in the way of your inane, biased, pathetically ridiculous crusade to try and convince the rest of us that Olly was in fact doing anything other than a crap job which he was deservedly released from.

I'm sure you won't.
                  One thing, if mac had been allowed to carry on he`d of hit the heights of in the 20s percentage thats for sure lol, and ollie did it with our youngsters for a fair percentage of games & not 4 loaned players ofwhich two strikers, if olliehad those he`d of done even better, so in hindsight macs lucky hes been fired now and not given til the end of the season, as wouldnt of seen him win many more games thats a fact.

So rodders old bean you can dress it up as much as you like, if he had stayed til the end of the season those percentages were only going one way

PS And by the way we wont mention the records macs broke this year, plus also those stats are only boosted aswell by those couple of cup wins lol

Comment

I think this thread is a classic. We won't be getting thus type of quality now they can all discuss their failings on another forum. Shame as you need nonsense with a sensible level headed opinion as all about diversity
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I think this thread is a classic. We won't be getting thus type of quality now they can all discuss their failings on another forum. Shame as you need nonsense with a sensible level headed opinion as all about diversity
                      I agree weare, its entertainment and fun and what makes good forums, micky taking banter etc, and everyone should be on just the one forum but some cannot take banter like say dragging up old threads like this, which tbh should be fun and taken as banter ribbing etc, all part of good forums.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

W 26
                        D 14
                        L 40

W % 32.5
                        D % 17.5
                        L % 50.0

Goals for per game 1.2
                        Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 11 = 13.7%

W 16
                        D 9
                        L 21

W % 34.7
                        D % 19.5
                        L % 45.6

Goals for per game 1.2
                        Against per game 1.4

Clean sheets 14 = 30.4%

I'm sure you won't.
                        Great post, thanks for taking the time to do it.
                        like you say though, it will fall on deaf ears in some quarters.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Great post, thanks for taking the time to do it.
                          like you say though, it will fall on deaf ears in some quarters.

Deaf ears lol, good job as said before mac was sacked otherwise he`d be going into the 20 per centers deaf ears arent fooled by stats that include cup wins against lower league teams that boost his stats, like said further up shall we mention record number of defeats since 96 or whatever it was, first time we`ve lost at home to bolton & rotherham in god knows how long, heaviest defeat for a few years since that numpty jfh, or shall we not mention the worst start since god knows when to a season, bugger people wont listen, we should of kept mac on

Comment

don't forget the win at Forest

Comment

As soon as SM won a cup game, it was clear he didn't understand the culture of the club

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                                As soon as SM won a cup game, it was clear he didn't understand the culture of the club

Comment

Working...
                                X