No announcement yet.

QPR V Wigan Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed first half unfortunately. Think Lumley still has work to do on his distribution and confidence, but was a real step above Ingram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post

There are also plenty of times teams bring on an extra defender to "hold on" and they then concede. Sometimes retaining attackers on the field allowing an out ball rather than inviting wave after wave of pressure is equally beneficial when trying to hold onto a lead. It also says to the opposition if you bring on another defender that you are just going to sit back and hope to stop them scoring so they throw caution to the wind, which often doesn't work. Also there's times when a solid defence that has played well suddenly lose concentration when there's another defender in the mix because there's confusion who's picking up certain players etc and that's all it can take to let one in.

Huge result.
      Yes, agree with this, Wigan were already pushing lots forward and replacing a striker with another defender would invite more pressure as there would be virtually no worries of a counter when we finally did get some possession, I thought Smith did really quite well when he came on!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

• Well done on getting that result. Great to see what it meant at the end. Reminded me a bit of John Gregory's early management period with us...not much class but plenty of heart. Lumley better than Ingram, worries me a bit but hopefully experience of these games will stand to him. Looks a bit like Crouchy...can he play up front?

Comment

• Well if it is a high ball, Smith will do well for sure. But if the ball was played on the ground, will he be able to tackle a player or run to close him? I think SM would of change the formation to 5-4-1 with three central defenders and one striker.

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
            We definitely look vulnerable down our left side both in the midfield and in defensive positions, Lumley doesn't scare me as much as Ingram has!
            Looked vulnerable when Eze was playing down the left as he doesn’t track back and ball watches a lot. This allowed many breaks down that side until maclaren swapped him with Freeman. Think Eze at moment to much of a luxury

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post

Looked vulnerable when Eze was playing down the left as he doesn’t track back and ball watches a lot. This allowed many breaks down that side until maclaren swapped him with Freeman. Think Eze at moment to much of a luxury
              this sums up eze perfectly. i really want eze to be given a chance and he could be instrumental with the right players round him which we simply don't have

Comment

• Thank you to whoever was behind the signings of the two front guys! Great to see movement off the ball and good energy around the pitch. Central midfield is a concern but a win is a win so onwards and upwards. Liked Lumley but would still like a keeper for him to learn from and in case anything happens to him.

Comment

• Lumley man of the match says whoscored.com

Comment

• Two new boys for me. Lumley also impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Thank you to whoever was behind the signings of the two front guys! Great to see movement off the ball and good energy around the pitch. Central midfield is a concern but a win is a win so onwards and upwards. Liked Lumley but would still like a keeper for him to learn from and in case anything happens to him.
                      73 what you've just said great to see movement off the ball !! we've been missing this for years judge the midfield after a month when they get to know these two new fellas game

Comment

• Dogs. My concern is how slow that midfield move themselves and the ball which they need to sort out as Nakhi Wells has great movement and pace to match. Dogs. Whats your take on luongo?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Dogs. My concern is how slow that midfield move themselves and the ball which they need to sort out as Nakhi Wells has great movement and pace to match. Dogs. Whats your take on luongo?

1st what you said about the movement up front that to us is a new diemention , it's little wonder our midfield is slow because they have had to look for a forward pass because we've had no forward movement since they the m/f came to the club, they are going to take a couple of 3weeks to adjust to first time hit space or see the men up top making runs , , I think Freeman needs judging at the end of September as I think he's been unfairly accused of hogging the ball every time he gets the ball ,if nobody up front is showing movent

2nd Luongo what do I think of him not a lot to be honest , I said before last season ended it was time to cash out ! on him , imo he only really had a good time was last season and I mostly put that down to the arrival of scowens who unfortunatly hasn't been of his best that MIGHT MIGHT be due him trying to cover a poor defence a new c/h might help his game

Comment

• Really interesting to hear how you see it and I must say I see it slightly different but get what you are saying. Liked Luongo since he came to the club but have to say his effort so for has been very poor. Freeman for me is very greedy and his lack of releasing the ball to a team mate when they are in a better position will always hold him back to going up a level. Scowen for me I just do not know what he brings to the team and his passing is worrying as every pass to a team mate is like a shot. I think Cousins would give us legs in the middle of the pitch and do not think we have seem him at his best for us as I always remember him running the midfield show when a Charlton player. All about opinions and nice to exchange it after a positive result.

Comment

• On that evidence we definitely need to sign a new keeper. Made a decent save that got a huge round of applause. I didn't however clap because it annoys me when a keeper makes a save with right hand when diving left. This never works and I just don't get it when a keeper of that level uses such a poor technique. I felt we rode our luck at times. Rangel wasn't great today. Some of his clearances were pathetic and got us in terrible situations at times. Freeman is loved by r block but rightly so. His delivery is premier league standard. Lost it a couple of times but makes things happen. Thought both of the new lads did good. Wells worked allot harder than I expected.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• nerveracking that second half but really enjoyed that today.

well done to shteveeeeeeeeeeeee for getting it spot on.

well organised and well drilled.

impresesed with the two strikers along with good games for rangel and lynch.

luongo is a major concern though, he looked way off the boil and disenterested.

3 well deserved points and a good solid preformance.

#chuffed
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X