Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Amazing accusations coming in right, left, and center.
    As WLS put it: "It is worth bearing in mind that Penrice is technically freelance and not formally a QPR staff member, although he is the club’s chief scout in all but name."

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    But in theory Dogs DOF means manager don’t need to bring his own players in he works with what he’s given

on scouts and Penrice what are they recommending??? Sainsbury a WC player who has options of top leagues why the hell would they even suggest him as a possibility was never going to happen
    Without doubt buddy it could have been Pen or it could very well have been Luongo that suggested him after chatting at world cup camp which was always going to be a non starter as you say but I think it's a bit harsh to blame Penrice for what appears to the boards hesitancy to strike a deal on the few others we were asociatedwith just my feeling or or maybe your right Penrice came up blank which I find hard to believe seeing the signings we made over the last 18 months

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    But in theory Dogs DOF means manager don’t need to bring his own players in he works with what he’s given

on scouts and Penrice what are they recommending??? Sainsbury a WC player who has options of top leagues why the hell would they even suggest him as a possibility was never going to happen

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    I would argue our current financial position makes the DOF position even more vital for a team like ours.

We have no money so certainly can’t afford a new manager coming in and saying I need change entire squad so I have my own players!!! We’re not in that ball game anymore so you need that one consistent person pulling it all together

Problem comes when the DOF is not bringing players in like this window, now is that DOFs fault due to financial restrictions or is it scouting issue???

Said on other thread Penrice seems to be getting away Scot free from any criticism
    Two things there westy we changed our manager and the hasn't had the chance to say I want to bring my own players so why would the next one ?
    is Penrice still here ? If he is he as all scouts they don't sign players only recommend them how do we know he hasn't after all we've been linked with a lot of players that the board hasn't after on for one reason or another

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by swede View Post

Eh, no.
    Well last time we had CEO no DOF we got in mess we did

Leave a comment:

• swede
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Sir Les and Lee Hoos have two diffent roles within the club. Respectively Football matters and finance. And we need them both.
    No we don´t. Football - Manager and his staff, scouts etc. CEO - the leader of the club and responsible for a it´s overall operations and performance.

Leave a comment:

• swede
    replied

So you suggesting Phil Beard, last CEO, done good job and would be welcome back in event role became vacant
    Eh, no.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Sir Les and Lee Hoos have two diffent roles within the club. Respectively Football matters and finance. And we need them both.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied

We have a CEO and the CEO should be the one pulling it together. The CEO is the leader of the club and responsible for a it´s overall operations and performance. Scouts reports-talk to the Manager and the Manager talks-reports to the CEO - why a DOF?
    So you suggesting Phil Beard, last CEO, done good job and would be welcome back in event role became vacant

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Could look at it that Penrice is giving them names but due to being skint it is dead duck from the get go.
    But if he is fully appraised of the situation should he be looking at those in the first place? Or has he been looking at loan prospects? But that's a bit pointless as you don't know who will be available and not signed on a perm during the tfr window?

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied

We have a CEO and the CEO should be the one pulling it together. The CEO is the leader of the club and responsible for a it´s overall operations and performance. Scouts reports-talk to the Manager and the Manager talks-reports to the CEO - why a DOF?
    A jack of all trades is a master of none?

Leave a comment:

• swede
    replied
    I would argue our current financial position makes the DOF position even more vital for a team like ours.

We have no money so certainly can’t afford a new manager coming in and saying I need change entire squad so I have my own players!!! We’re not in that ball game anymore so you need that one consistent person pulling it all together

Problem comes when the DOF is not bringing players in like this window, now is that DOFs fault due to financial restrictions or is it scouting issue???

Said on other thread Penrice seems to be getting away Scot free from any criticism

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Could look at it that Penrice is giving them names but due to being skint it is dead duck from the get go.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Brilliant. I get to keep my avatar. Who would have thought so a couple of months ago, when he was everyones best friend? He is back and badder than ever.

#evillesforever

Leave a comment:

Working...
X