FFP sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Are we allowed to feel good about this or not? Reading posts here and LFW I can't decide, but I know I want to feel good about. Hell, I'm gonna feel good about it, why not? It feels like something has shifted and we can move on. No black cloud hovering over us. Come on you Rs.
    Yes mate we are. I’m really excited for our future. Feels like a weight has been lifted

Comment

How have other clubs reacted??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        How have other clubs reacted??
        Get the impression by what I’ve read that they think it’s not much of a deterrent and that we’ve had a bit of a result

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

there is a danger that, while the £17m fine won't count towards our ffp calculation, the interest on the loans that are financing the fine will do.

personally, the more i think about it, i'm a bit disappointed that the league don't appear to have done anything about the interest charges that the owner's seem to be charging against the club (surely that's a fairly big ffp issue).
          agreed on both counts, defo the second. To me it just seems like a ruse to buy shares at a discount whilst at the same time impairing the asset you've just bought shares in!

Comment

If you're happy with this then it's like being satisfied they're going to chop your legs off rather than your head.Should have dragged the whole unconscionable premise of fining a business that has made a loss through the courts.This is what happens when you give ground to bullies.

Comment

How does the shareholder 21 million thing work exactly? and what benefit is it to the league? Got limited internet access today.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Y a n k is censored
                Google Adsense rules. Crazy PC big brother world we now inhabit, I know ....and the price you pay for running an independent paid for platform.

Comment

What would the New York ####ees think?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    What would the New York ####ees think?
                    They should sue I reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      How does the shareholder 21 million thing work exactly? and what benefit is it to the league? Got limited internet access today.
                      Shareholders simply convert their loans to Share Capital meaning the club's debt is reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        my view is that it's largely a face-saving thing for the league.

there was (is?) a huge appetite for us to be made an example of, but levying a massive £42m fine would probably have put us out of business, which would have shown that the rules were ridiculous, but at quite some cost to us supporters.

the share capitalisation allows the league to make it appear that we've copped for the full £42m to anyone who just looks at the headlines. in reality, the capitalisation probably would have happened anyway (the board has converted about £215m of loans into shares over the past 3 years and also wrote off another £60m of loans in 2014)... and we'd have had to pick up the league's costs if we lost the case. so in reality, we've agreed a £25m reduction to the fine. it's still a big fine though...

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Are we allowed to feel good about this or not? Reading posts here and LFW I can't decide, but I know I want to feel good about. Hell, I'm gonna feel good about it, why not? It feels like something has shifted and we can move on. No black cloud hovering over us. Come on you Rs.
                          Going by Lee hoos video, I would say yes,.

The owners are willing to pay for their past fark ups with no impact on the club.

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Looks like we'll adhere to the new rules of making no more than 39m losses in a 3 year period when the next set of accounts is published, but only just, given no parachute payments and Sterling money to help offset overall spending. Hoos in is his interview said we now have a clean slate.

If we are only going to scrape under the bar this 3 year period I can see a lot more austerity kicking in from 2019/20 when we really will feel the constraints of a small ground and only 7800 season ticket holders.

Comment

Seems to me that Lee Hoos and Dave McIntyre clear up most of the unanswered questions here and here

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

The owners are willing to pay for their past fark ups with no impact on the club.
                                That's it in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                                X