Where is Ned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I am not so sure about that mate although I do think it was a harsh sacking given he mainly did what was asked of him
    Maybe harsh but really if he was rated how come he hasn't got another job managing yet.
    of course the sacking season will soon be upon us so lets see if he gets offered another job at a Championship club again.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Maybe harsh but really if he was rated how come he hasn't got another job managing yet.
      of course the sacking season will soon be upon us so lets see if he gets offered another job at a Championship club again.
      Well maybe he has been paid off and as a condition can't get another managers job yet. Who knows?
      It may well be that it was the correct decision by the club and let us hope so but he did ok really imo.

Comment

Well maybe he has been paid off and as a condition can't get another managers job yet. Who knows?.
        I doubt we would have a condition that he couldn't manage elsewhere....would do us a favour if he went somewhere else and made them play a system they weren't suited to....for 8 months !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I doubt we would have a condition that he couldn't manage elsewhere....would do us a favour if he went somewhere else and made them play a system they weren't suited to....for 8 months !
          That is quite common. I think Chelsea are still paying Roberto Di Mateo!

Comment

I suppose the other thing to consider is the transfer window doesn't count for unattached players, no transfer is involved. I presume likes of Ned are more likely to move after the window shuts and clubs have a clear idea where they are in terms of ins, outs and last minute failure to get deals done or injuries.

Comment

That is quite common. I think Chelsea are still paying Roberto Di Mateo!
              I think we continued to pay mark Hughes as normal after he was sacked. Obviously when he took another job we stopped paying him. Potentially a good bit cheaper than simply paying up the remainder of the contract, as often happens when a manager leaves a club.

doubt it makes much difference with Ollie though. He has a year left on a contract paying 2 bob a week. And no club in their right minds will want to hire him anyway. He'll be back on the TV this season, I'm 100% sure of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I think we continued to pay mark Hughes as normal after he was sacked. Obviously when he took another job we stopped paying him. Potentially a good bit cheaper than simply paying up the remainder of the contract, as often happens when a manager leaves a club.

doubt it makes much difference with Ollie though. He has a year left on a contract paying 2 bob a week. And no club in their right minds will want to hire him anyway. He'll be back on the TV this season, I'm 100% sure of it!
                Strange thing to say Tarbs.
                His spell with us probably slightly enhanced his reputation I would think, Most people know he is a bit barmy anyway.

Comment

He’s got job on freeview channel doing call in after matches

Comment

Strange thing to say Tarbs.
                    His spell with us probably slightly enhanced his reputation I would think, Most people know he is a bit barmy anyway.
                    Ok mate.

Hundred quid says he doesn't get a job offer at Championship level or higher between now and the end of the season (when his contract with us was due to expire).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Ok mate.

Hundred quid says he doesn't get a job offer at Championship level or higher between now and the end of the season (when his contract with us was due to expire).
                      so 'no club in their right mind' has suddenly become 'Championship level or higher' then? How does that work then?
                      I wouldn't take that bet because -
                      1. I agree with you and IH clearly stated he would have only left his Sky job for our club when he joined and
                      2. He already has a job in TV as West Acton said.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for a lower league club to want to hire him though which is my point.

Comment

He would not take a job with a lower league team because their squads are not big enough to make loads of changes every week.

Comment

It is standard at this level that there is a generous compensation package if dismissed. All or part of is repaid if individual secures employment before the end of the contract term, which happens sometimes when individual or new employer is prepared to pay. I doubt very much IH is on a contract that says he has an employment relationship with broadcaster but one that is called a services contract for punditry as and when. I suspect IH will sit out until contract term has expired or new club will pay compensation and you have to ask the question who in their right mind would buy it out.
                          Last edited by The Leveller; 26-07-2018, 09:33 AM.
                          Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

so 'no club in their right mind' has suddenly become 'Championship level or higher' then? How does that work then?
                            I wouldn't take that bet because -
                            1. I agree with you and IH clearly stated he would have only left his Sky job for our club when he joined and
                            2. He already has a job in TV as West Acton said.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for a lower league club to want to hire him though which is my point.
                            Fair enough mate.

All I would say is you said his last stint at Loftus Road has enhanced his reputation. If you are saying that he would only be an attractive proposition for a lower league club, having had his reputation enhanced during his last stint with us, you are re-enforcing the point I was trying to make. He was a bad hire, and never good enough for this level of football.

Comment

Careful croyds you'll be put on the naughty step alongside pinkie
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Holloway got himself the sack by persisting with his flawed system and on that he had to go. When you look at what he worked with and who he brought in transfer wise then he most likely did do a decent job as our club is not the catch it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X