strikers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strikers???

didnt go 2day was workin but read report and saw the sentence i have seen time and time again HELGUSON MISSED A SITTER.well no surprise there then.2 strikers that would do a great job 4 us today would have been RAY JONES and KIYAN PRINCE R.I.P BOYS always in our hearts.tragically denied the chance 2 show what they were made of!!!!!:very_sad:

Can we please move on from all this maudlin rubbish about Ray Jones? Yes, I too liked him and thought he had - potentially - a decent future. But a massive apology if I am wrong on this but my understanding was he was involved in a car crash where large amonts of alcohol had been consumed and actually considerably more people could have died. OK, so lots of young lads do it and there but for the grace of god etc but he was a victim of his own recklessness - as indeed were others. Do not project onto him the talent of some world beater because we simply don't know how he would have turned out and do not present him as some kind of victim because - however harsh this is to say - he was a victim of his own behaviour. Why was he out on the lash on a friday night? If I was a sports star presumably earning quite large amounts of money and unable to play due to injury I wd hope I wd be at home trying to get better or at worst going out with my mates for a quiet evening, not endangering the lives of innocent people.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Can we please move on from all this maudlin rubbish about Ray Jones? Yes, I too liked him and thought he had - potentially - a decent future. But a massive apology if I am wrong on this but my understanding was he was involved in a car crash where large amonts of alcohol had been consumed and actually considerably more people could have died. OK, so lots of young lads do it and there but for the grace of god etc but he was a victim of his own recklessness - as indeed were others. Do not project onto him the talent of some world beater because we simply don't know how he would have turned out and do not present him as some kind of victim because - however harsh this is to say - he was a victim of his own behaviour. Why was he out on the lash on a friday night? If I was a sports star presumably earning quite large amounts of money and unable to play due to injury I wd hope I wd be at home trying to get better or at worst going out with my mates for a quiet evening, not endangering the lives of innocent people.
      You say what many people think,
      but his punishment far exceeded his misdemeanour.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Depends how you look at it Kirill.He COULD have potentially killed innocent people but paid the price with his life instead.I crashed my car when drunk 12 years ago.I hit a bus at the bus stop.Nobody was hurt but me but the consequences could have been so much worse and i could have served a heavy prison sentence.

Comment

Woah woah people. Let the past stay in the past.
          Harsh words...he was only a young lad and your treating him like he was scum. I don't condone his actions but the consequences are not something to point fingers at and make harsh statements. Let's let this rest.
          Everyday Plumbers Bristol
          63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
          0117 239 1217
          http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Indeed, I think both Stan and Krill are spot on. I suspect, without having done any research, that there might be others on this board who could have found themselves in similar situations. I am the last one to be sanctimonious. I'm not remotely saying "he got what he deserved" or anything so cruel as so much of youthful bad behaviour comes down to chance in terms of whether it ends in a bad accident or not. All I'm saying is plse don't get all mawkish and make him out to be some kind of victim of global injustice when he was just a victim of being a flash young so and so wanting to show off and in the process endangered the lives of many others. You can worship him if you like, but you do so without me.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              Woah woah people. Let the past stay in the past.
              Harsh words...he was only a young lad and your treating him like he was scum. I don't condone his actions but the consequences are not something to point fingers at and make harsh statements. Let's let this rest.
              I am not treating him like scum at all.Just pointing out that he was a young lad who made a POTENTIALLY lethal mistake that could have killed innocent people.I saw on the TV news that they said he was on the wrong side of the road at the time of the impact.

Comment

Okay maybe SCUM was a heavy word...but i can't really think of anything else to say ;)

Either way its a sad loss...but let's let it rest.
                Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                0117 239 1217
                http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Also often gets forgotten that we were in negotiations with Colchester to sell Jones at the time of his crash

Comment

Squirel - I'm very happy to lay him to rest, it is other fans who seem to constantly want to resurect him, such as with the gratuitous mention of him after our failure to score against Woves (when frankly you cd have mentioned him on any of the other previous 22games we have failed to score this season, or whatever our diabolical scoring record is). Again I must tripple underline that I don't want to be sanctimonious, but if you had a loved one in the bus at the time that a tanked up Ray Jones was heading at speed down the wrong side of the road that Friday night, wd you be quite so sentimental about him now? I, like Stan, have not implied he is "scum" or anything of the sort; he was just a young lad who killed himself, perhaps showing off, due to his own stupidity. Move on? Happy to. Will other fans too?

Comment

Same goes with me Stainrod.Nobody knows how good Ray could have been.He was another 'potential' who may or may not have gone on to great success as a player.But for a bad error of judgement we will never know,and a young man lost his life.

Kiyan is a completely different matter altogether.

Comment

was he drunk at the time of the crash? or was he just going too fast?
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Agree Stan, Kiyan was and should not be mentioned in the same breath. He was purely an innocent victim. And also because he was so young to somehow say "if only he were available it cd have been so different" is just plain ridiculous.

Comment

lets leave it guys

Comment

apologies stainrod i didnt know the full facts of the incident my bad lets just let it be all my fault!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X