42 Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42 Points

Would have been enough to survive this season.

I predicted it

Comment

Was obvious 42points would be enough some weeks ago but some still said 50 was target.

Pretty awful that 42points keeps you up

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Was obvious 42points would be enough some weeks ago but some still said 50 was target.

Pretty awful that 42points keeps you up
        Awful league this season mate, aside from 3 or 4 good teams at the top. The fact Burton were still in it going into injury time on the last day tells you all you need to know. They've barely got a Championship standard player in their squad!

Comment

I said 45 in the middle of February but got ridiculed.

Comment

Yet bad as this league was we only managed to get 3 more points than last year. Only taking maximum points off Birmingham.

Comment

And we end up with 3 more points than last season in what has been a very poor league when 43 keeps you up ! Pretty poor really and mainly due to persistence of Ollys system.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                I predicted it
                42....... it was inevitable.......

Comment

I think it'll be more than that next season.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    And we end up with 3 more points than last season in what has been a very poor league when 43 keeps you up ! Pretty poor really and mainly due to persistence of Ollys system.
                    Thats the great progress Pinks has told us about three extra points and rip roaring attacking football

Comment

Would you settle for a further 3 points next season at this stage? In other words 59 points? I would take it, with some regrets admittedly.

Comment

43 would have kept you up the year we won the Championship - can't remember people saying it was a p*ss poor league back then

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          43 would have kept you up the year we won the Championship - can't remember people saying it was a p*ss poor league back then
                          True, but weren't the bottom 3 already relegated with 2 or 3 games to go that season?

This year Sunderland were sunk with a few games to spare, and there were another 5 sides still battling to stay up on the last day of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Awful league this season mate, aside from 3 or 4 good teams at the top. The fact Burton were still in it going into injury time on the last day tells you all you need to know. They've barely got a Championship standard player in their squad!
                            Agreed. it was a poor league apart from the top 4, but I expect it will be a lot harder next season and back nearer to the 50 point mark for survival.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                              Would you settle for a further 3 points next season at this stage? In other words 59 points? I would take it, with some regrets admittedly.
                              I would take it, but hopefully not have to put up with watching the manager play a consistently failing system and players.

Most of us saw it early on that 3 at the back with Mackie and Washington as forwards was not working, but it too Mackie's injury and 34 games for IH to work it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X