X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can, but only if they spend on the team and not chandeliers

Comment

Originally posted by superhoops73 View Post
      yes i believe they will take us up but not so sure they will be able to keep us in the premiership for long.
      Don't you think thats a hard job for any club let alone a small club who take 13k week in week out and maybe 16k on a good day.

This club needs good sponsorship deals and I mean lots to stay up there.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Don't you think thats a hard job for any club let alone a small club who take 13k week in week out and maybe 16k on a good day.

This club needs good sponsorship deals and I mean lots to stay up there.
        part of the plan is to be self sufficient, ST's at £1000+ will soon sort that out ;D

Comment

Of course we can. The fanbase and basic infrastructure has always been there. We just need the rocket to ignite.

We could get monumentally lucky (as happened to Hull, Stoke, Derby in recent years in somehow getting promotion with ordinary squads of players but a manager who knew how to utilise the resource appropriately) or built slowly and surely (as Charlton did 10 years ago and Reading have done more recently) or explode out of the division in a blaze of burning money (Fulham and Wigan)

That's really the choice the board have now BUT the common theme in all those scenarios is that the managers and coaching staff were given time and had no interference.

Comment

I think we have a chance of going up next season IF they appoint the right manager and allow him to manage-and give him TIME.Staying-up will require HUGE investment in players,in my opinion,and that will be the real test of their ambition.I am becoming fed-up with mates who support Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs,saying"when are your rich owners going to start signing top players then eh??"I get bored and tired of trying to explain over and over that it's a longer term plan,and that not many top,top players want to play outside the premiership.If and when we do go up,and these mates are still asking the same questions,then we will have problems staying there.

Comment

Bet if this question was asked a year ago. People would have said yes. Actually after the increase in season tickets. Some were saying, the extra money would help us fund bringing the quality players to take us up. Even the media believed the hype. So based on what's happened within the last year I have to say no. People are speculating that we are going to get a great manager and we will have the consistency and bring in quality players next season. Well I haven't seen that yet. I also haven't seen any evidence that it will happen. As I'm not sure if the board are learning from their mistakes. For me the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

So can't see us getting promoted next season. Ask again this time next year.

Comment

a 20% discount and they can do what they like

Comment

Working...
                X