• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The protest.

And it needs to be just one.
    Where?
    Outside the ground or inside?
    From what time?
    What form should it take? ie is there to be a theme?
    One person from this board should co-ordinate and before you ask no not me.

Alternativley we just sit back and let the board get on with it and carry on destroying the club.

Time to put up or shut up IMO.

dificult

dificult

Comment

I say we should all boycott the next league game at home to scunny.

We blame the board yes and quite right but I don't go with all this bull where we should support the players they are also to blame as lack of effort is no excuse. They are paid professionals that can't be asked with us the fans or there pride in not getting stuffed.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Any ticket bought means more money into Briatore pockets and helping him to escape with the money and exit from the club.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by qprgary View Post
          And it needs to be just one.
          Where?
          Outside the ground or inside?
          From what time?
          What form should it take? ie is there to be a theme?
          One person from this board should co-ordinate and before you ask no not me.

Alternativley we just sit back and let the board get on with it and carry on destroying the club.

Time to put up or shut up IMO.
          Theres your first problem right there - you can just imagine all the bleating elsewhere if it was someone from this board co-ordinating, same as many on here would be moaning if someone from another messageboard was co-ordinating. Thats the trouble, our fan base is divided into so many groups, who proclaim their love for the club, but who have issues with each other.
          Just like if there was ever to be a fans forum - totally pointless in my view since the powers that be won't listen because they're not interested in what the real fans think. But also because there would be arguments about who should go and why.
          I agree that if there IS to be a protest, it does need to be one, and it does need a focus. I think until we all feel that there is something specific to focus on it is better there is no protest, also many are talking about just not going, I am worried that if there is a half-arsed, poorly attended protest we will be laughed at by everybody, including those in control of our club.

Comment

Theres your first problem right there - you can just imagine all the bleating elsewhere if it was someone from this board co-ordinating, same as many on here would be moaning if someone from another messageboard was co-ordinating. Thats the trouble, our fan base is divided into so many groups, who proclaim their love for the club, but who have issues with each other.
            Just like if there was ever to be a fans forum - totally pointless in my view since the powers that be won't listen because they're not interested in what the real fans think. But also because there would be arguments about who should go and why.
            I agree that if there IS to be a protest, it does need to be one, and it does need a focus. I think until we all feel that there is something specific to focus on it is better there is no protest, also many are talking about just not going, I am worried that if there is a half-arsed, poorly attended protest we will be laughed at by everybody, including those in control of our club.

So we should shut up in your opinion?
            Thats not a dig by the way.
            If we all feel the same fine.

Comment

a guy on dot.org came up with the clown idea initially.

i think the basic plan is just turn up with at least a red nose and maybe a wig...that way, its a visual thing and things wont kick off between fans...friendly, visual protest

Comment

Back in the day the L.S.A was formed to galvanise a protest in our hour of need, what we need now is ONE organised group, what we have got is allot of groups who want to score points over one another.

Until we come together, the protest will be a shambles...like our club.

Comment

IMO we should walk out 10 mins into the S****horpe match.OK,Briatore may not be there under the circumstances,but imagine the adverse media coverage (papers,TV etc)

Has this sort of thing ever been done before??

Comment

At the moment i think a boycott is the safest option.

lets face it, many people will be doing so anyway and theres nothing worse than a poorly attended protest.

Comment

I'm not walking out.

Comment

Then arrange a meet between the groups (not on here) they all know each other and plan an organised protest, it aint rocket science.
                        Distribute some leaflets at an upcoming home game then protest.

Otherwise just sit back and enjoy the show.

Comment

I'm not going to boycott either.

Comment

Here's your problemon this thread already there are 3 or 4 ideas of a protest ..if you don't want it to look mickey mouse you need to come up with one SIMPLE idea and get the message across all boards and supporters groups ...leaflet before the game etc ...buying clowns outfits and wigs etc ain't going to work ...people won't bother unless you give out red noses before the game etc.

One simple idea that can be leafleted before the game that an Italian team's supporters did a couple of years ago ..was wait until kick-off and then everyone stands up and turns their back on the game, board etc for the first 45 mins!

Comment

ok chaps,

protest group here..nearly 500 members

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0406473&ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                              X