Leigertwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leigertwood

Does anyone think that by him signing an extension with us it shows what we already knew - he's all too aware of his inability as a footballer, shows no ambition by staying here, and is therefore happy to pick up a pay packet.

i mean, what self respecting player would want to sign, nevermind stay at this club? ones who want £££££££££££££

Originally posted by iloverangers View Post
    Does anyone think that by him signing an extension with us it shows what we already knew - he's all too aware of his inability as a footballer, shows no ambition by staying here, and is therefore happy to pick up a pay packet.

i mean, what self respecting player would want to sign, nevermind stay at this club? ones who want £££££££££££££
    what a strange post.......as far as QPR go they are looking for play-offs......why would he want to leave if thats the clubs ambition....he is getting 1st team football and is stand in captain.......so all players only show ambition if they want to leave......:waaaht:

Comment

oh dear, are you sure you understood what i said?

maybe we have different views on ambition, i mean, if i was working at a company that said one thing (we're going to get to the playoffs) but consistently underperformed (we'e yet to progress from when holloway left league position wise) i'd look to leave pastures, and achieve success where it is realistic.

quaz, do you think qpr have a chance in hell of winning promotion under the status quo?

Comment

oh dear, are you sure you understood what i said?

maybe we have different views on ambition, i mean, if i was working at a company that said one thing (we're going to get to the playoffs) but consistently underperformed (we'e yet to progress from when holloway left league position wise) i'd look to leave pastures, and achieve success where it is realistic.

quaz, do you think qpr have a chance in hell of winning promotion under the status quo?
        i never misread what you said at all......but if the club have ambitions why would he want to leave....perhaps he has more faith in his team mates than we do........perhaps he enjoys playing for the club....perhaps he likes 1st team football every week.......or maybe he even likes the responsibility of captain..........until we are all flies on the wall seeing what goes on behind the scenes then we will never know the mindset of the players.

Comment

i dont think we need to be flies on the wall to understand human nature in this situation.

there is no infrastructure at the club, no clear plan or timeline, no genuine desire to get promoted a la notts forest, the players have no confidence in themselves or the board - so one must assume that there is no practical benefit for leigertwood staying here, except for his bank account.

does he like getting booed as much as we boo these days? doubt it.

Comment

i dont think we need to be flies on the wall to understand human nature in this situation.

there is no infrastructure at the club, no clear plan or timeline, no genuine desire to get promoted a la notts forest, the players have no confidence in themselves or the board - so one must assume that there is no practical benefit for leigertwood staying here, except for his bank account.

does he like getting booed as much as we boo these days? doubt it.
            so you name me a player that plays for free.....ALL players get paid mate....if the rumours are true that wolves were after him....then surely he stayed where he enjoys playing rather than follow the money....coz wolves would pay him more than us.

Comment

i cant believe you think any player actually enjoys it here for anything other than the cushy contracts.

how can they? no stability, the crowd hates them, they're perennial underachievers, what is there to like? am i missing something quaz??????????

Comment

i cant believe you think any player actually enjoys it here for anything other than the cushy contracts.

how can they? no stability, the crowd hates them, they're perennial underachievers, what is there to like? am i missing something quaz??????????
                who said the crowd hates them....what a few boos from some mindless "fans" means everyone hates them......over dramatic i think.
                As for cushy contracts...you honestly think he would move to somewhere like wolves and not get paid more than at rangers.....i don't think so......
                Ever thought he might not be too bothered by the boo boys.....and the comments on here....ever thought he might actually believe in the club.....might be a shock to the system...but possible.

Comment

no. im sorry but i think you're wrong.

players at this club get contracts completely disproportionate to their ability which would be remedied if they had a contract elsewhere.

a few boos from mindless fans - were you there on tuesday night???

the players, through notable absences at supporter nights, lack of respect to fans at away games etc have severely distanced themselves. i believe patrick agyemang drives a bentley (not sure if itrue) but goes to show you the different worlds we're living in.

also, by all accounts, the majority of our players have egos the size of planets.

Comment

no. im sorry but i think you're wrong.

players at this club get contracts completely disproportionate to their ability which would be remedied if they had a contract elsewhere.

a few boos from mindless fans - were you there on tuesday night???

the players, through notable absences at supporter nights, lack of respect to fans at away games etc have severely distanced themselves. i believe patrick agyemang drives a bentley (not sure if itrue) but goes to show you the different worlds we're living in.

also, by all accounts, the majority of our players have egos the size of planets.
                    so you think i am wrong...doesn't mean i am going to change my mind and agree with you....think you are just looking at things from a bleak view because things look bad from the outside.....you never know they might announce a new man later today and you might cheer up a bit

Comment

haha, i admire your optimism quaz. im not depressed, at the end of the day its football and all football is, is an escape from everyday life.

at the moment it isn't, its boring, so im just indifferent. it would be nice to have something to look forward to though!
                      Last edited by iloverangers; 15-01-2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

haha, i admire you're optimism quaz. im not depressed, at the end of the day its football and all football is, is an escape from everyday life.

at the moment it isn't, its boring, so im just indifferent. it would be nice to have something to look forward to though!
                        see football to me now is just a sideline....i have grandchildren that keep me cheerful...so nothing that happens at QPR gets me down for long.
                        Life is too short to worry about some italian ruining my club........

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                          see football to me now is just a sideline....i have grandchildren that keep me cheerful...so nothing that happens at QPR gets me down for long.
                          Life is too short to worry about some italian ruining my club........

I'm confused.
                          Could you narrow that down a bit?
                          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                            I'm confused.
                            Could you narrow that down a bit?
                            i leave it open to debate

give us a P....and so on

Comment

Some people on here are Leigterwood lovers. I can't understand. He can't control or pass a ball to a team mate.
                              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Working...
                              X