Get Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Real

I have read on various threads that last night was the worst football that people have seen, well all I can say is you didn't watch mutch of the stuff under Mullery or Holloway or the 86 Milk Cup Final. It was not brilliant, but games against the anti football of Sheffield United never are. We played some ok passing stuff and also some long ball. We created several good chances, Gorkks and Buzz in the first half and 2/3 that should have gone in at the end of the second half. We got undone by some terrible defending by Borrowdale and our usual problem of not taking our chances.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

I'd drop borrowdale and bring connolly in

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      I'd drop borrowdale and bring connolly in
      We should play Conners at cb if the oppo don't have a big lump forward, but Sheffield Utd did and Stewart is the best to deal with this sort of player. Gorkks is first on the team sheet but although Ramage didn't have a complete mare, I would play Conners at right back and get a new left back.

Comment

holloway was bad for "playing the passing game" but he got results. he knew his teams strengths and used them to near enough full potential.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Month of August/September 2008 was far worse under Gregory

5-1 at WBA and losing at home to Orient in the Carling Cup.

Fans do have short memories
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            holloway was bad for "playing the passing game" but he got results. he knew his teams strengths and used them to near enough full potential.
            I remember a game at home to Leicester, who were dire and we flattered them to only lose 2-1. After that performance I seriously considered what I was doing watching that 'football'. Last night was Champagne stuff compared to that, and some want him back.

Comment

I didn't go to the game..... loads of commentators / newspapers etc said we played quite well for the mosat part...... yet MB's seem to be alight with cryticism(spl?)

Scoreline says that we played ok, creating chances and scoring, with more shots on and off target!

Comment

Could have been 2 or 3 up in the first 11 minutes, played OK but basic mistakes in the defence and flapper was at his worst. There is now heart or desire in the team, which is 90% of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                  I remember a game at home to Leicester, who were dire and we flattered them to only lose 2-1. After that performance I seriously considered what I was doing watching that 'football'. Last night was Champagne stuff compared to that, and some want him back.

every club has a few games / runs where they play the 'worst' football..

but like i still say.. holloway achieved his targets.. promotion and stability with a 5 times less "skillful" side than what we have now.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                    every club has a few games / runs where they play the 'worst' football..

but like i still say.. holloway achieved his targets.. promotion and stability with a 5 times less "skillful" side than what we have now.
                    I tend to agree, that is why I am not jumping on the back of Paul Hart and demanding he does the decent thing a **** off back to Pompey.

Comment

Working...
                    X