Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the REAL REASON low gate tonight

it's a protest!

an unhappy fanbase voting with their feet.
    gonna look great on the "Highlights"....15000 empty seats.

I guess all clubs around the country are doing the same??

The FA Cup is losing its tradition and you only have to look at Fa Cup 3rd Round attendances, I think you know that is true.

Nothing to doi with a protest.

It will be around 8,000 my guess
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

it's money...ok, a tenner is ok but add travel, time off work, food and drink
      all adds up....

Comment

Its a tenner !!

Sheffield United had only 13,000 for the home tie and they average 20,000 a week??

Many will go tonight, haviing not seen the Rangers for weeks and almost 2 weeks to our next home game
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
          it's a protest!

I think you're right.Personally I can't be bothered to go - and thats the first time I've said that in 58 years.Also,I sit pretty close to FB and might be tempted to hurl something other than abuse at him for all his hype and deceit.

Comment

People haven't bought tickets because:

a) we've not been playing well
            b) it's sheffield united, not manchester united
            c) uncertainty about whether the game would be on
            d) sadly, the cup has been devalued and people don't care as much anymore
            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

I cannot believe people think tonight will be 3,000 at Loftus road or indeed its some kind of protest. Find the stats to the FA CUp figures and you will see the cup has lost its tradtion, something that the Carling CUP did manay years ago

Comment

A few years back, Leeds away on a Tuesday night. Leeds had nigh on 30,000 in there for a 0-0 draw when they had a promo for a tenner.

Of course, that prompted the 'cheaper seat, that's why you're here' chant from us

Ok, it was a league game, but theor fans are united through all the bad times. We are not. In fact, we're more split than ever before. The club need to do more than a few £10 entries to start repaying.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Swindon 6000 to fulham
                  Leeds 9000 to Man utd
                  Barrow 5000 to sunderland
                  York 4500 to stoke

Yeal b4 anyone says they are going to premiership grounds though, they are still coming out in force to support there club, our club have dropped prices to a tenner tonight so come on everyone lets get out in numbers tonight and help push our team into the 4th round - - we should still get a gate of 7000 +

Comment

And yes Benny I agree that the club needs to start doing more

Comment

Its because we are playing a CCC team. If it was a prem team, we would get more. A tenner is a great price, no matter what you say, but we see sheff utd every year, so people dont want to travel and pay to see a team they always see.

Comment

A major reason that our gate will be low tonight is that many of our supporters, me included live outside London now. I live 20 miles up the M40 but the weather and road conditions here are very different, we still have 4 inches of snow and more forecast tonight. I still intend to drive up and pay on the night but I don't blame those who don't because the roads out here become dangerous when the sun goes down.
                        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Easy View Post
                          Swindon 6000 to fulham
                          Leeds 9000 to Man utd
                          Barrow 5000 to sunderland
                          York 4500 to stoke

Yeal b4 anyone says they are going to premiership grounds though, they are still coming out in force to support there club, our club have dropped prices to a tenner tonight so come on everyone lets get out in numbers tonight and help push our team into the 4th round - - we should still get a gate of 7000 +
                          How many did QPR take to Man Utd last season?
                          How many did QPR take to Chelsea?

You are comparing apples with oranges when there is actually comparable data available you could have used.
                          Last edited by wicksta; 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Agree with Kingo, anyone who lives more than 10 miles from the stadium will think twice about going out at night in current conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                              it's a protest!

You do talk some rubbish.
                              How many turned up at Burnley last year for our replay up there? 3,762

Were their fanbase unhappy and protesting?

Tonight's game is an unattractive game to be played in freezing conditions where ST holders have to stump up to attend, and is being played at a time when lots of people will be skint after Xmas, maybe moreso than usual if the weather has stopped them working. End of.

Comment

Working...
                              X