Weakened side tonight perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weakened side tonight perhaps?

Remembering we are still just outside the play offs and realistically having no chance of winning the FA Cup do you think Hart will send out a mixture of first team players and reserves tonight?

A couple of years ago when we were skint every penny would have counted from a cup run not that we ever did very well anyway but with the financial side of things more settled will the club be more interested in the league this season or are you a believer that a good cup run installs confidence despite the risk of more games of course and potential injuries?

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Remembering we are still just outside the play offs and realistically having no chance of winning the FA Cup do you think Hart will send out a mixture of first team players and reserves tonight?

A couple of years ago when we were skint every penny would have counted from a cup run not that we ever did very well anyway but with the financial side of things more settled will the club be more interested in the league this season or are you a believer that a good cup run installs confidence despite the risk of more games of course and potential injuries?
    And there's me planning my day at wembley already :(
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

we have ltd chance of going up anyway
      so a good cup run...we lose tonite we face 10 yrs without a cup win...

Comment

Doubt it, a good cup run can really help you in the league, just look at Burnley last season.

Also, the team needs wins for confidence, so I think it will be the strongest team Hart can field.

Comment

also we need the revenue as we need to be as self sufficient as possible.
          a 4th rd at a crap bolton awaits....

Comment

"a WEAKENED side" ????????????

Can we get any weaker ? Surely this is a joke/trick question ??

Personally I think they should be sent out to play tonight in short sleeve shirts, 70's style micro shorts, and gloves/thermals/gay Tevez style neck scarves should be banned. In fact I'd give their shirts a good soaking in water too just before they leave the dressing room. What they need is to grow some knackers, get out there and play with some pride, passion and determination, and get this season back on track.

Field a weakened team and give the players a rest my ar**.
            Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

agreed we're run by business men not philanthropists and need the cash like everyone else. Anyway i think you should always play your strongest side what ever the circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                we have ltd chance of going up anyway
                so a good cup run...we lose tonite we face 10 yrs without a cup win...
                Have we not won in the FA Cup for 10 years??

Comment

Weakened side ... as opposed to our usual side playing usual cr@p ... tough choice ... I am glad I am not Hart
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                    Have we not won in the FA Cup for 10 years??
                    Nope LOL

Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
                      "a WEAKENED side" ????????????

Can we get any weaker ? Surely this is a joke/trick question ??

Personally I think they should be sent out to play tonight in short sleeve shirts, 70's style micro shorts, and gloves/thermals/gay Tevez style neck scarves should be banned. In fact I'd give their shirts a good soaking in water too just before they leave the dressing room. What they need is to grow some knackers, get out there and play with some pride, passion and determination, and get this season back on track.

Field a weakened team and give the players a rest my ar**.
                      Very good post but I guess us the fans will get blamed for being to hard on these nancy's.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                        Nope LOL

Shocking.

Probably because last time we went further didn't we get a tonking 6-1 by Arsenal ? Best leave it at round 3 I say, saves the embarassment !
                        Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

last win was luton....9 yrs ago???

i recall defeats to vauxhall motors, burnley,forest,arsenal,chelsea,blackburn,grimsby,? ??? all in the fa cup since....swnasea 4-0 away..in there??

Comment

Actually, Isleworth, I reckon we've a more realistic chance of winning the FA cup, than we do of promotion.
                            Besides which, Hart has a duty to play his strongest team for every single fixture. Football is all about winning silverware, or it was when I were a lad.

Comment

I'd play yougsters and see what occurs.

Comment

Working...
                              X