Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briatore to sell up

From VitalQPR

As Gianni Paladini raised his arms and pumped the air, exhorting all fans to 'clap the boys, clap the boys' at the end of the game today - literally turning towards me and making sure that I, and my fellow supporters were properly acknowledging the players' efforts - and extraordinary scene unfolded with Flavio Briatore.

Having been booed by a very small section of the crowd - and that rather half-hearteldy - as he entered the Directors' Box, Flavio Briatore remained behind to join in the standing ovation we gave the players after today's great performance. He, along with Paladini and Alessandro Agag, stood by the edge of the Directors' Box and clapped each and every player and then, as Ainsworth headed for the dressing room, he glanced up at the Box and received his own applause, to which he gave a big smile, a nod and a thumbs up.

Briatore then turned to go and, passing where I was standing, he turned round and said: 'If I now sell the Club you will be in League One!'

Was that because he thought we had been booing him and it was like - see, I do know what I'm doing? Or was it that he WAS going to be selling?!

As it happens, no-one around where I sat was booing - and watching Briatore get very, very excited as we clawed our way back from the jaws of defeat to snatch victory in a most glorious fight-back - for a change this season - I do feel he has really got genuine passion for this Club.

But what an odd comment to make to us?! And particularly after his more gracious behaviour at the Burnley game on Saturday! I am putting this down to the emotion of the last few days - don't know about you, though!

Take it as a pinch of salt...Its briatore

Hes not half as bad as people make him out to be though
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

#### him.........and his zilllions!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

not sure what to make of that...perhaps he was saying if he wasn't there now we wouldn't have had the players he was applauding.......seems a bit strange.

Comment

dont let the tangoman put the frighteners on us?.........so what if he wee wee's off...........bet he couldnt name the 1967 cup winning team so he can bog off to monte carlo on his rubber dingy!

Comment

I reckon he's loving every minute of it. He knows were upset right now, but it wont be long till we start doing better again and everyone will be chanting his name in songs.

We will go up in the next 2 seasons im massively confident of that.
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

i'd say he's been rattled by the press and the booing, his ego can't take it, poor man, will never change

Comment

he's saying fu, i still run this club, don't annoy me, can't wait to price you c.nuts out when we're in the prem

Comment

briatore is being made out to be the bad guy here..

everybody at the club has made mistakes..

briatore's mistakes was making letting ali russell make prices sky rocket.. yet his benefits are clear that he gets in countless sponsorship money along with his saving of our club.

paladini has signed some bad players and some good..

sousa has done well and bad...

etc etc

the "flavio is a c***" song was out of order.. and prolly pee'd him off.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Flavio is right tho without him it would be relegation.

I really think he will learn from his mistakes.

Comment

I hope v much you are right leewads - when do you think that will be tho?

Comment

I was no more than 10ft.away from Briatore at the end of the match when he and Palladini were beckoned by the guy who wears a blue sombrero standing at the barrier between the C Club and the Platinum area and were invited to shake hands which to their credit they did. Briatore then turned to 2 guys in front of me and appeared to say I am selling I am selling or words to that effect.I asked the 2 guys afterwards and they couldn't believe their ears and confirmed they believe that's what he said.Briatore seemed very aggitated or perhaps caught up in the emotion of the 3-2 comeback but certainly didn't seem to mince his words,words I would have thought were private and sensitive and rather akin to those that Sousa was sacked for.

Comment

bye and take gianni too.....

Comment

im sellng im selling............helgusson to medical research n paladini to jackie smith!

Comment

I have it on video and that's not what happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X