Forest Spend V QPR Spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Spend V QPR Spend

Anyone know where I can get the details from??

Spending in the championship would also be good..
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I think forest are doing some great business concerning transfers , very ambitous .

Comment

right kind of spending too..... proven players with hunger and ambition

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Anyone know where I can get the details from??

Spending in the championship would also be good..
        sirpie??
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Nicky shorey for me got a great engine and has fit in there very well , there goalkeeper top drawer too , sign him up lol

Comment

Forrest from Ralph lauren Bond St
            Qpr from soccer world any crap town
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

where is sirpie when you need him
              ??

Would be interested in how much spent, instead of looking at indivdual players on each site:cry:
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

its not what you spend its who spends it and on what!

no matter what you say pete we spent alot on a load of old tosh

as i said before forest are a good example of what is needed

Comment

We don't even spend it on a load of old tosh, we just don't spend it.
                  Transfer fees are a no goer down LR.

Old school the load of old tosh were freebies.

Forest are run professionally so silly to compare the 2 clubs.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

From this season:

Nick Shorey and Majewski are on loans with a view to permenant. The fee for Shorey is around 3 Mill and Majewski 1.5 Mill.

Mcgoldrick was signed for 1 Mill

Lee Camp and Blackstock were signed for however much, I forget.

Chris Gunter was 1.75 Mill

Paul Anderson was 250k

Paul Mckenna was 750k
                    Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

Lets not talk about it..... it only upsets me more.

Comment

Of the 18 in yesterday’s squad against WBA 8 of them were already at the club at the start of their 1st season back in the Championship in August 2008. Those players were: Morgan, Wilson, Cohen, Smith, Perch, Chambers, McGugan and Tyson. Meaning that 10 of the 18 have been signed since their promotion a season and a half ago.

As with all deals nowadays the real cost to the club isn’t always publicised and even an approximate figure is questioned. For instance, soccerbase state that Camp cost Forest £100k but I’ve read figures ranging from this figure to £500k. When Camp signed the official story reported that the figure was undisclosed. Using soccerbase, wikipedia as well as the BBC and other football websites here is a cost of what Forest paid for the remaining 10 players.

Camp - £100k (possibly higher but no more than £500k), Shorey – on loan from Aston Villa, Majewski – on loan from Polonia Warsaw, Anderson - £250k, Gunter - £1.75m, McKenna - £750k, Moussi - £250k, Blackstock - £1m (possibly higher but no more than £1.5m), Adebola – Free Transfer and McGoldrick - £1m.

Taking the highest amounts for both Camp and Blackstock and added to the rest of the players who’ve been brought in since they were a Championship team again comes to £5.5m. They have obviously spent money on other players within their squad but that is just how much they have spent on the 10 players who featured yesterday who’ve been brought into the club since August 2008.

For comparison, using our last squad against Sheffield United we had Stewart, Leigertwood, Ephraim, Buzsaky, Hall, Agyemang, Connolly and Balanta who were all at the club prior to August 2008. So using the same period of time to compare squad we’ve spent the following:

Cerny – Free Transfer, Ramage – Free Transfer, Gorkss - £250k, Borrowdale - £100k, Routledge - £600k, Faurlin - £3.5m (deal worth up to this amount), Simpson – on loan from Arsenal, Taylor – on loan from Chelsea, Parker – youth team, Helguson - £1m (undisclosed deal but rumored amount). Total’s £50k less that of Nottingham Forest’s the difference though is probably greater depending on the actual cost to the club by signing Faurlin. We too have spent money on other players in this time who aren’t featured in the 18 listed above.

For me it’s not what we have spent it is how we have spent it. Is £3.5m on a young Argentine who may now be replaced by Quashie or Faye a good deal when compared to the £750k spent on Paul McKenna? Is the free transfer of Adebola a better or worse one than that of Pellicori? Is spending £1.75m on an out and out right back better than a free transfer for a centre back who is being played at right back?

Comment

difference between them and us is they have leaders in their side.. vocal players who graft.. we just have a few who graft.. blackstock adebola mcgoldrick, earnshaw etc all will get around 10 goals each so they can always change it around..

they have a board who back their manager and let him get on with the job.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

sirpie, thanks for that..

So in terms of spend very little difference, but obviosuly table position suggest they have spent more wisely.

Would add, very few wanted Adebola when it was rumoured we wanted him

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              sirpie, thanks for that..

So in terms of spend very little difference, but obviosuly table position suggest they have spent more wisely.

Would add, very few wanted Adebola when it was rumoured we wanted him
                              Whats your point? He isnt in the starting 11 for Forest and has only scored 3 all season.

Comment

Working...
                              X