Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Mancienne

Still only ON LOAN at Wolves.

Mick McCarthy in no hurry to sign him permanently, suggesting that he is still unsure of his ability to cut it in the Premiership long term.

His performances of late seem to suggest that is the case and is often shown up on Match of the Day as being out of his depth in that league at the moment.

Chelsea, despite their recent under-achieving performances and with players away on African Cup duties don't seem to be in any hurry to recall him.

Dropped from the England squads by Capello.

Doesn't seem to be wanted too much.

Now, to suggest he might come to us may be a "File under the ridiculous" notion. But think we should at least enquire as to what's happening to him and what Chelsea and Wolves want to do for him. No harm in asking. IMO.

i think hes a very composed player for his age - quite classy on the ball but not sure how great his tacking is. Id sign him up though if we had a chance - hes a league above Ramage, and i heard a while back that he wanted to sign for us, but that it was us that didnt want him

Comment

It's an interesting one, especially as Mcarthy has been using him in midfield at times. My worry is that he always seems to be involved in conceding goals..like you said on MOTD he always seems to be in shot when they concede..i think he switches off too much. Still only young but for me he wont improve the team at the moment.
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

He didn't want to come.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
          He didn't want to come.

We didnt want him either.
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

He was so overated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
              He was so overated.
              agreed, very weak player

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                It's an interesting one, especially as Mcarthy has been using him in midfield at times. My worry is that he always seems to be involved in conceding goals..like you said on MOTD he always seems to be in shot when they concede..i think he switches off too much. Still only young but for me he wont improve the team at the moment.
                :waaaht::waaaht::waaaht:

he could play right back or left back "Blind folded" and still be a lot better then we've got at the moment

but hey i remember someone (cough) at HQ thinking he wasn't worth the £500,000 - £1M Chelsea wanted a couple of years ago :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                  Still only ON LOAN at Wolves.

Mick McCarthy in no hurry to sign him permanently, suggesting that he is still unsure of his ability to cut it in the Premiership long term.

His performances of late seem to suggest that is the case and is often shown up on Match of the Day as being out of his depth in that league at the moment.

Chelsea, despite their recent under-achieving performances and with players away on African Cup duties don't seem to be in any hurry to recall him.

Dropped from the England squads by Capello.

Doesn't seem to be wanted too much.

Now, to suggest he might come to us may be a "File under the ridiculous" notion. But think we should at least enquire as to what's happening to him and what Chelsea and Wolves want to do for him. No harm in asking. IMO.
                  The problem is Russ, Mancienne is a player with a bright future and a potentialy good career in front of him, same as Beckford.

These players are well aware of the going on's at our club (more aware than the fans imo) and will not want to jepordaise that career by joining such an unstable club.

For all they know, they could be in the starting 11 each week, then BANG, another manager gone, a new manager in and he could then be out of favour.
                  That possible scenario, along with the well publicised boooing of our own players, will own deter the "better" players away from the club.

Unfortunatley, cast offs, journeyman and money grabbers are all that we will attract

Comment

Don't rate him tbh
                    Now, Then, Forever
                    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

I think he would make a good holding midfielder
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                        Or a surfer? he has got long hair after all

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post

Spot on.

Comment

We should find out what he's worth at least, a player I loved to watch at Rangers and one that stood out when he was here... what does that say about our players?

You have to remember that he is playing in the Premiership not the Championship.

Comment

he was briliant for us and it was criminal we did not do what we could have to keep him
                              Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                              X