Why so many loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many loans?

I know this has been asked before, and there are benefits to having loan players - but isnt this getting a bit ridiculous? I know that in some cases, it has been best - such as Watson, Parejo etc. But i personally feel that when a player is officially yours, they give that bit of extra effort and desrire for the team - which is why i think those players underperformed. Other people i know always ask me the same question about QPR - why so many loans when we have money? Surely at least one or 2 signings - is that asking for too much?

Originally posted by Dando View Post
    I know this has been asked before, and there are benefits to having loan players - but isnt this getting a bit ridiculous? I know that in some cases, it has been best - such as Watson, Parejo etc. But i personally feel that when a player is officially yours, they give that bit of extra effort and desrire for the team - which is why i think those players underperformed. Other people i know always ask me the same question about QPR - why so many loans when we have money? Surely at least one or 2 signings - is that asking for too much?
    Because the baord won't spend the money-plain and simple.

(& probably because GP can have an earn out of it without being exposed!!)
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Its a quick fix and also we haven't comitted to anyone....

wish we had done that with hall, ramage, pellicori etc...

Comment

End of the day, you can't win. Ageymang, Pelicori, Alberti, etc., have all been signed and not worked out. These have been used many a time to slate the running of the club. If we sign Cousin and he fails, it's just more ammo for the 'why give contracts to mediocre players' arguement. If he does well, then we can sign him with the fans backing.

Sure, we 'should' be signing better players like Kitson, but who's to say that if we pay £3m and £30k per week for him that he'll work out? Look at Watson and Reid. Both quality at this level and beyond before joining us. Paying £2.5m for Watson a year ago was seen to be a bargain by many of us. Do you still feel the same now?

By the way...I'm not in the slightest happy with transfers overall. I'm just playing devils advocate.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          End of the day, you can't win. Ageymang, Pelicori, Alberti, etc., have all been signed and not worked out. These have been used many a time to slate the running of the club. If we sign Cousin and he fails, it's just more ammo for the 'why give contracts to mediocre players' arguement. If he does well, then we can sign him with the fans backing.

Sure, we 'should' be signing better players like Kitson, but who's to say that if we pay £3m and £30k per week for him that he'll work out? Look at Watson and Reid. Both quality at this level and beyond before joining us. Paying £2.5m for Watson a year ago was seen to be a bargain by many of us. Do you still feel the same now?

By the way...I'm not in the slightest happy with transfers overall. I'm just playing devils advocate.
          you do it so well;D
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

The best loans are the interest free one's

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
              you do it so well;D
              It's my favourite game

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

i agree, however i think if watson was a permanent player - hed give that bit extra and perform better. Players like Scott sinclair didnt care, even though they had quality - it didnt show because of the lack of effort. Im sure watson would be better if he was signed permanently. Everyone buys players who end up being crap, its the way it is - but i think they are more commited and it helps. Half our good players are on loan - and i cant help thinking that all we are doing is letting other teams see how good they are whilst they are on loan, and then snatch them off us. If Cousin and Simpson were snapped up, who would we have permanently up front?

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                  i agree, however i think if watson was a permanent player - hed give that bit extra and perform better. Players like Scott sinclair didnt care, even though they had quality - it didnt show because of the lack of effort. Im sure watson would be better if he was signed permanently. Everyone buys players who end up being crap, its the way it is - but i think they are more commited and it helps. Half our good players are on loan - and i cant help thinking that all we are doing is letting other teams see how good they are whilst they are on loan, and then snatch them off us. If Cousin and Simpson were snapped up, who would we have permanently up front?
                  Quite right mate. Like I say, overall, I'm not happy with our transfer policy. All I'm saying is that there are a few different angles for debate on this subject.

I think players like Taarabt who (contravertionally) I feel is bad for the club, are very unrealistic perm targets for a club like us. Simpson is someone who although I knew was class was also to an extent an unproven quantity so an innitial loan was the best option. He's now proved his worth and would be a fantastic perminant addition to the squad. The keeper we have recently loaned is just temporary cover while we search for a more suitable candidate, so again...a good option. Williams is the same and I'd like us to sign him after recent performances. Unfortunately, due to a ****bag fan (if reports are true?!) I cannot see that one happening.

I know, the list of bad signings is huge, but hopefully we're going the right way to forget them.

Comment

i agree.... but think the club need to start to build a team...

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                      i agree.... but think the club need to start to build a team...
                      it is you deciding all these deals "loanranger" lol

Comment

no i am afraid not... and if i am... i def aint being paid enough..

Comment

Working...
                        X