Support for Sousa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Sousa?

I read on the board that most seem to think he was the man and should never have been given the boot for Rangers however I have one question?

In the Q, P & R blocks we tried to sing out he's name in support but it never seemed to work.

We have had Gigi, Dowie & Magilton who had no problems with fans singing their names, so why was Sousa any different?

The only time I recall we fans singing he's name was away at Cardiff, we fans sang he's name for a good 20 to 30 minutes load and proud, we fans were simply amazing that day but we could never get it going at LR, why was this and I've always asked myself this question?

Anyone know why the manager the fans wanted most never supported him at LR, it's a bit late now to do so.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    I read on the board that most seem to think he was the man and should never have been given the boot for Rangers however I have one question?

In the Q, P & R blocks we tried to sing out he's name in support but it never seemed to work.

We have had Gigi, Dowie & Magilton who had no problems with fans singing their names, so why was Sousa any different?

The only time I recall we fans singing he's name was away at Cardiff, we fans sang he's name for a good 20 to 30 minutes load and proud, we fans were simply amazing that day but we could never get it going at LR, why was this and I've always asked myself this question?

Anyone know why the manager the fans wanted most never supported him at LR, it's a bit late now to do so.
    Same answer as when you asked it on another thread.

The singer in chief didn't sing his name as he thought Sousa was rubbish from the outset, as he has revealed just earlier today.

Comment

I sang his name at Cardiff that night and despite the dreadful football I still maintain to this day that he should have been given a bit longer and the way he was treated was shocking at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        I sang his name at Cardiff that night and despite the dreadful football I still maintain to this day that he should have been given a bit longer and the way he was treated was shocking at the end.
        Agreed. One of the worst chapters in the club's history, and that's saying something.

Comment

He came across the sea from Portugal PAULO
          He told us chelsea will win F*** all PAULO
          He said I'll bring the good times home
          we'll win the champions league in Rome
          PAULO SOUSA THE GAFFER OF QPR

He Said My Team Will Always Play With Flare PAULO
          Now Watch Us Go And Win Some Silverware PAULO
          I Love The Fans And Our Support
          Al Fayed's Got No Passport
          PAULO SOUSA THE GAFFER OF QPR

LALALALALALALA
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

to be honest, he was playing 4-5-1 at home, very frustrating to watch!

however, that was his first time in charge and maybe he has learnt alot from his time here, which reflects swansea's league position.

at the time of the sacking alot of people were calling for his head, but who knows where we would be if he was given more time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
              Same answer as when you asked it on another thread.

The singer in chief didn't sing his name as he thought Sousa was rubbish from the outset, as he has revealed just earlier today.

Very wrong you are and that's why I ask this question, I too didn't like the way Sousa played but we tried to get this song started at every game but failed.

Like any song if fans want to sing they all join in but it didn't work but we managed to get it going at Cardiff, why was this and some genuine answer please because I can tell you for a fact we tried at every game.

I'm not saying it didn't work at all but it was one that fans didn't want to join in with and as a result faded away.

Comment

Sousa is gone lets move on its a boring topic.

Comment

Very wrong you are and that's why I ask this question, I too didn't like the way Sousa played but we tried to get this song started at every game but failed.

Like any song if fans want to sing they all join in but it didn't work but we managed to get it going at Cardiff, why was this and some genuine answer please because I can tell you for a fact we tried at every game.

I'm not saying it didn't work at all but it was one that fans didn't want to join in with and as a result faded away.
                  What song is sung with gusto now ?

Comment

Originally posted by tim westwood View Post
                    well I remember singing his name you are just turning it round like we never sang for him. We have sang for every manager in my memory apart from Houston & Harford
                    Tim, again not twisting as I am a Rangers fan as well and it was not quite the same with Sousa, every other manager we've had our fans joined in right away but it didn't always work with Sousa and that is a fact because I still remember it when we are talking about just that.

If anyone can find old threads, you will see that I was asking these same question back then, it's not twisted words so go back and take a look for yourself.

I'm asking a genuine question as our fans seem to love him all of a sudden... I'm baffled more than anything else.

Comment

The only mangers song sang with gusto was in fact

Dowie and De Canio

FACTAMONDO
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...836787,00.html

Bit near the bottom sums it up.

"We give every manager an opportunity to succeed if they have talent, and Paulo has shown he has talent".
                        Last edited by Sharpy; 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

For the record this thread is not about good/bad manager, it's about us fans not giving Sousa the same support as every other manager we had, well that's my opinion from what I have witnessed.

Comment

This bit is better ""Swansea City give any manager a good platform to work from these days, that's why Paulo wanted the job, and I think most people within the game now recognise that."

and people within the game know we give them 15 games and sack them for reasons not related to results on the football field.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              This bit is better ""Swansea City give any manager a good platform to work from these days, that's why Paulo wanted the job, and I think most people within the game now recognise that."

and people within the game know we give them 15 games and sack them for reasons not related to results on the football field.
                              Get you off Flav and F1 and you're quite sensible.

Comment

Working...
                              X