Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is LDC returning?

See the latest on the official site.

Although Harford is involved in the statement it seems the main emphasis is to

1) Improve the clubs name with regards sackings since FB has been here

2) Make clear that LDC was a wanted man with a much improved offer to stay.

I think LDC will return in the summer. He knows all about the "project" (by the way I was reading the watford observer this morning and watfords manager calls whats going on there as the "project), and we all know he had us playing some very good football. With Connolly and Gorkks coming on really well I think defensively we will be better under Luigi.

Told you to get to the bookies
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Full statement FYI

posted on: Mon 13 Apr 2009
      Contrary to reports in today's press suggesting Luigi De Canio was sacked from his position as First Team Coach at QPR in May 2008, the current Lecce boss has made the following statement.

De Canio, the then Genoa Manager, had principally agreed to join the R's in the wake of Flavio Briatore's successful takeover of the Club, before eventually joining in October 2007.

De Canio said: "It's not true that I was sacked by Queens Park Rangers Football Club, in fact, it was the very opposite.

Article continues
      Advertisement

"I was offered a substantially improved deal to stay in West London, but my personal circumstances at the time led to me leaving.

"I don't want to divulge the circumstances surrounding my departure, because it is personal. But I left with a very heavy heart."

Furthermore, the Club can also confirm that Mick Harford - who filled the void left by former boss John Gregory on a temporary basis - was offered a deal to stay on at the Club, and was not sacked, as has been stated in some newspapers this weekend.

Harford said: "It is true that I was offered an improved deal to stay at the Club.

"In addition, I was always of the understanding that I was only a temporary option and I was well aware that the Club were in talks to replace me with a new First Team Coach."

Finally, the Club would like to reiterate that Paulo De Sousa's employment with the Club was terminated after it came to the Club's attention that Mr De Sousa had, without authority, divulged highly confidential and sensitive information. The Club, with legal advice, responded in this way to protect its position.

De Sousa, who won only seven of his 26 matches in charge, left the Club on Thursday.

Following reports today, the Club can also confirm that legal action will be taken in the coming days.

Comment

I put a tenner on at 30-1

Thanks Scott, busy getting my boys ready to get out the door for the game and couldn't be arsed to copy and paste..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          I put a tenner on at 30-1

A good bet me thinks mate. IMHO he's the front runner.

Comment

You may well be right, but my first impression of that statement was that it was a childish retort to the press saying FB is making a joke of our managerial position.

Its like they have run to LDC and MH and said please tell everyone we didnt sack you!!!!

I'm undecided on who I want as our next manager, all I can say is even if it is the poison dwarf or LDC I'll be behind him and I hope for once all members of our board are as well.
            “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Is that statement suggesting that legal action os going to be taken against Sousa!

That is unlikely to be popular
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                Is that statement suggesting that legal action os going to be taken against Sousa!

That is unlikely to be popular
                sounds more like legal action against the press.....thats the way i read it anyway.

Comment

Is LDC returning

Must admit would prefer Wise to LDC despite his Chelsea connections. LDC will only do well if he has the players. Wise would do better with an ordinary bunch, like at present.

Comment

Bring back my Gigi De Canio
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Would love gigi back
                      Now, Then, Forever