The board have delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The board have delivered

When Flav took over two things were said. Firstly, and I think tongue firmly in cheek, we would be challenging Chel**** in the Champions League within 4 years. The second thing was that the club was going to be run as a business and it is this I took on board. This was followed up with announcements we were looking at a 4 year plan to get promoted.

What I think the owners believed was that they were going to be able to build the brand and we would by now be getting virtually capacity crowds, be buzzing etc. What has happened in reality is our crowds have not grown, the reasons being bad feeling caused by the ticket price hikes and the various managerial debacles. That aside we have grown from relegation candidiates to having a decent upper mid-table squad with the ability to challenge for play offs. It is year 3 and I would say is reasonable progress.

As has been said on other threads we are a small team and without the owners input would be a struggling Championship/good League 1 side. On crowds of 13,000 the owners will not sanction big money signings and it is up to Gianni/Hart to wheel and deal to improve the squad further. This does not seem unreasonable. Perhaps it is fans' expectations which are unreasonable.

Whilst I get utterly exasperated at some of the things which happen it really isn't all that bad compared to what could have happened had Flav and Co not ridden into town.

good valid comments

Comment

Well put words.

We must all stay positive.;D:super_man::girl:

Comment

Good, sensible observations......... que the bashers!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          When Flav took over two things were said. Firstly, and I think tongue firmly in cheek, we would be challenging Chel**** in the Champions League within 4 years. The second thing was that the club was going to be run as a business and it is this I took on board. This was followed up with announcements we were looking at a 4 year plan to get promoted.

What I think the owners believed was that they were going to be able to build the brand and we would by now be getting virtually capacity crowds, be buzzing etc. What has happened in reality is our crowds have not grown, the reasons being bad feeling caused by the ticket price hikes and the various managerial debacles. That aside we have grown from relegation candidiates to having a decent upper mid-table squad with the ability to challenge for play offs. It is year 3 and I would say is reasonable progress.

As has been said on other threads we are a small team and without the owners input would be a struggling Championship/good League 1 side. On crowds of 13,000 the owners will not sanction big money signings and it is up to Gianni/Hart to wheel and deal to improve the squad further. This does not seem unreasonable. Perhaps it is fans' expectations which are unreasonable.

Whilst I get utterly exasperated at some of the things which happen it really isn't all that bad compared to what could have happened had Flav and Co not ridden into town.
          Some fans don't want it in 4 or 5 years, they want it now... these same fans seem to think the Mittals want to take over QPR today.

When they first came to QPR maybe they did but the way our fans carry on I think they decided to take a back seat this year and I sure don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Some fans don't want it in 4 or 5 years, they want it now... these same fans seem to think the Mittals want to take over QPR today.

When they first came to QPR maybe they did but the way our fans carry on I think they decided to take a back seat this year and I sure don't blame them.

Spot on.

Comment

What has happened in reality is our crowds have not grown, the reasons being bad feeling caused by the ticket price hikes and the various managerial debacles. That aside we have grown from relegation candidiates to having a decent upper mid-table squad with the ability to challenge for play offs. It is year 3 and I would say is reasonable progress.
              I wouldn't say that's good progress... in any shape or form.
              But each to their own.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

All very good points well made, but that aside, it doesn't justify the bad decision making regarding hiring and firing many uninspiring managers and the continuation of their insistance of bringing in average players.... We need quality not quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                  I wouldn't say that's good progress... in any shape or form.
                  But each to their own.
                  I'd like to know what would be good to you but keep it realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    I'd like to know what would be good to you but keep it realistic.
                    I don't think the divisions, the bickering, the price hikes, the turnover of managers, and players, the falling crowds, the terrible atmosphere around the whole club, the negative media coverage, the terrible reputation we have within the LMA, the carnage on fans forums, the split fan-base, the huge sums of money wasted, etc... is a price worth paying for being a disjointed mid-table team, as we head into Year 3 of Flavios Project.

Others may think that moving 8 places up the second division is worth all that. I don't.
                    Sorry.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

original post very concise and adroit but omitting one fatal flaw.we were given a lot of false hope from flav over progression but then we have had it so lean for so long we could all of a sudden see the goose laying the golden egg.we in part can shoulder some of the blame but blubber chops has burnt a lot of bridges.these can be mended if things change but it doesnt paper over the lies i'm afraid.this is a personal opinion not one cast on the fans as a whole.
                      what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Very very similar to the way I see it too !

Comment

Working...
                        X