question for pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for pete

Scott posted today that the board won't spend serious money in the transfer window as we are not really in the promotion race. To save a lot of argument about what is and isn't serious money I, like most fans, wd say Kitson, Kamara or similar wd be serious money, Webber or dutch elm disease or whatever he is called wd not represent a serious outlay and thus suggest that the owners simply wanted to steady the ship for next season.

So Pete, do you think Scott was right or wrong? I'm not asking for names, just an idea of the kind of quality you think we can expect.

Many thanks.

Honestly it changes from day to day.

To even be considering Kitson, shows if the right player came along they would go after him. I'm pretty sure this elms fella is not true.

To answer your question, have a gut feeling on the whole Scott is right. I see nothing to suggest big spending in this transfer window. Flavio holds the key as he decides absolutely everything.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

OK fair enough, thanks for your honest answer.

Comment

To be fair is this really a surprise to everyone?

Last season the owners proved they are not willing to spend to mount a serious promotion bid.

This time last season we were sitting in 6th position definately punching above our weight, and it was clear to see we were desperate for quality players, with our then 2 best players, buzz and vine injured for the remainder of the season.

By ignoring players like Kamara and Kitson just tells me 12 months later that nothing has changed.

I was really hoping with the big sponsorship deal relating to us getting promoted might make the owners more ambitious but again that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you asked me last year I would say I hope flavio stays, now I couldn't give a toss and something tells me we would be better off without this man and GP needs to be demoted.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          To be fair is this really a surprise to everyone?

Last season the owners proved they are not willing to spend to mount a serious promotion bid.

This time last season we were sitting in 6th position definately punching above our weight, and it was clear to see we were desperate for quality players, with our then 2 best players, buzz and vine injured for the remainder of the season.

By ignoring players like Kamara and Kitson just tells me 12 months later that nothing has changed.

I was really hoping with the big sponsorship deal relating to us getting promoted might make the owners more ambitious but again that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you asked me last year I would say I hope flavio stays, now I couldn't give a toss and something tells me we would be better off without this man and GP needs to be demoted.
          completely agree with you on that

Comment

My reading is that if we fans feel like this now then what do our sponsors feel?

Will they want out if we don't look ambitious enough?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              My reading is that if we fans feel like this now then what do our sponsors feel?

Will they want out if we don't look ambitious enough?
              perhaps the sponsors know more than us what is going on behind closed door...so not so worried.....

Comment

Better to spend money now and give the players an extra 6 months to gel rather than spending big in the summer and hoping it comes together!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                  Better to spend money now and give the players an extra 6 months to gel rather than spending big in the summer and hoping it comes together!
                  might not have to spend big in the summer if alot of players are out of contract.

Comment

...until the summer when we are out-bid, thus prompting the familar cry "there is always January" - and so history repeats itself...

Comment

Can anyone answer the question:

Why are the Mittals on-board?

This is not a whinge about lack of spend or anything - just a genuine question.

Potential earnings from QPR would be spare change for them - so it aint that.

Kudos and limelight Abramovich-style will only be gained by being successful in the Prem.
                      But they are not spending - so that rules that out.

So is it just a cute little "Dragon's Den type" investment - a bit like me having £50 of shares for example?

As I say - serious question.

Comment

20% investment suggests a minor interest in the football club
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

There`s a lot of steel in a new stadium !

Comment

I know how much.

But WHY?

Comment

think andy you are spot on with your fifty quid share flutter analogy.

Comment

Working...
                              X