If we don't win on Sunday......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we don't win on Sunday......

it will have been a decade since our last FA Cup win.

We have currently the worst FA Cup record out of all 92 professional clubs.

FACT
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

good stat.....

Last time we won a FA cup game the twin towers still stood

Anyone else want to write what else happened when we last won a FA cup??

Bill Clinton president??
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Possibly a bit picky, but

Glorious late, extra time victory on Luton *****s was Jan 2001 I think. So probably only 9 years technically to Jan 2010.
      Of course we might yet manage to snatch relegation from the jaws of mid table mediocrity in which case it's round 1 from November next year.
      Either way our less than glorious 10 year anniversary will be next season.

Also, "We have currently the worst FA Cup record out of all 92 professional clubs."

I question that, unless it's over a specific period...say 9 years !
      Over all, surely not.

All that said, our FA Cup form recently is nothing short of dismal. With Swansea & Vauxhall Motors most embarrassing.

But how many of us feel Sunday is as important as the next League game, or the one after that, or etc. ?
      The FA Cup is a pleasant distraction. The League is our priority whether it's Playoffs or avoiding Relegation depends on how you see the 'cup' currently - see what I did there ?

Sorry if I seem pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
        Possibly a bit picky, but

Glorious late, extra time victory on Luton *****s was Jan 2001 I think. So probably only 9 years technically to Jan 2010.
        Of course we might yet manage to snatch relegation from the jaws of mid table mediocrity in which case it's round 1 from November next year.
        Either way our less than glorious 10 year anniversary will be next season.

Also, "We have currently the worst FA Cup record out of all 92 professional clubs."

I question that, unless it's over a specific period...say 9 years !
        Over all, surely not.

All that said, our FA Cup form recently is nothing short of dismal. With Swansea & Vauxhall Motors most embarrassing.

But how many of us feel Sunday is as important as the next League game, or the one after that, or etc. ?
        The FA Cup is a pleasant distraction. The League is our priority whether it's Playoffs or avoiding Relegation depends on how you see the 'cup' currently - see what I did there ?

Sorry if I seem pedantic.
        Yea, so if we don't win on Sunday we can't win until 2011! So 10 years!:boss:
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

We can but it involves relegation.
          Also on Sunday it will not have been 10 years at that point which your initial post. It will be Sunday + 364 Days.

Do you think it's an improtant game at Sheff Utd. Where would your focus be right now ? I understand the next game is the most improtant / only focusing on the next game, but I'd swap a Cup run for improved League performance every time.

Anyway, a rubbish recent record, and as I say, far too picky on my behalf.

So have a great New Year, HammersmithR.

Comment

Either way our cup record is terrible which is a joke! Even Cardiff got to a final!

Comment

shows how the far the mighty r's have come...
              no cup success
              ltd lge success

compare to the 80s
              fa cup FINAL
              milk cup FINAL
              div2 CHAMPIONS
              UEFA CUP football

Comment

Working...
              X